Global Bromobenzene Market - Segmented by Products, Applications and Geography – Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
In 2016, the global bromobenzene market was valued at USD XX million and XX kilotons, in terms of revenue and volume, respectively, and is projected to register an estimated CAGR of XX% (revenue) and XX% volume), during 2017-2022 (the forecast period). The demand for bromobenzene is driven by its usage as a precursor in the preparation of phenylmagnesium bromide, and Suzuki coupling.Bromobenzene is mainly used during the preparation of phenylmagnesium bromide, a versatile Grignard reagent used to prepare benzoic acid, secondary amines, benzophenones, and other chemicals. Bromobenzene is also used to introduce phenyl groups in coupling reactions like Suzuki reactions. These reactions are used widely for synthesizing intermediates used in pharmaceuticals or fine chemicals. Additionally, bromobenzene is a precursor in the manufacture of phencyclidine, a dissociative drug.The growing pharmaceutical industry is expected to drive the demand for bromobenzene, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period). Moreover, the growing demand for copolymers, plastics, and emulsifiers is driving the growth of bromobenzene market. This forms the basis for market segmentation into product and application. However, bromobenzene is highly flammable, forms explosive peroxides and reacts violently with water, which makes it difficult to be handled. Chlorine containing aromatic compounds are preferred by the industry over bromide derivatives because of the cost difference. This factor may acts as a major roadblock for the growth of bromobenzene market.Areas with Scope for Bromobenzene North America and Europe are leading the market based on consumption of bromobenzene, respectively. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market in the coming years, owing to the growing pharmaceutical industry. The Middle Eastern market is expected to grow rapidly owing to the infrastructural development and production facilities.Notable Developments in the Market
• Hawks Chemicals, a leading manufacturer of bromine derivatives, agreed to the sales and business cooperation with DABEER S.A, a Spanish manufacturer of chelates, chelating agents, and complexes.
• The Jordan Bromine Company Ltd. commenced a massive expansion work for its current plant at Ghoar El-Safi area on the Dead Sea, worth USD 150 million.
Why purchase our Global Bromobenzene Market Report?
• Know about: the latest regulations and policies associated with bromobenzene
• Analyzing various market perspectives with the help of porter’s five forces analysis
• Which of the regions will witness the fastest growth during forecast period?
• Will the growing copolymer industry effect the bromobenzene market?
• Will the price difference between chlorine-substituted aromatic compounds and those of bromine be detrimental to bromobenzene market?
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
o Hawks Scientific Ltd.
o A. B. Enterprises
o Shanghai Wescco Chemical Co. Ltd.
o Formosa Chemicals & Fiber Corporation
o Alpha Chemicals
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook