Global Biological Seed Treatment - Segmented by Applications, Crop, and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
Seed treatment can be defined as the application of chemical ingredients or biological organisms to the seed that enables in suppressing, controlling or repelling plant pathogens, insects, or other pests that attack seeds, seedlings or plants. Seed applied technologies such as inoculants, herbicide safeners, micronutrients, plant growth regulators, seed coatings and colorants, among others, can also be applied to the seed. Treated seed is intended for planting only and not for food or feed uses.
Need for Biological Seed Treatment
Environmental concerns regarding the use of chemical seed treatment agents have been gaining ground. Due to this, the market for biological seed treatment agents that are free of these toxic chemicals and provide treatment options on par with or even better than chemical agents have been much in demand over the past few years, a trend that is likely to sustain over the coming years.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the Fastest Growing Market
During the past few years, the region of Asia-Pacific has been witnessing a sustained demand for seed treatments, offering the potential to emerge as the fastest growing global market over the coming half-a-decade. China and India have been the growth engines that are driving the Asia-Pacific market and are estimated to together account for over 73% of the demand in 2013. These regions have been putting greater emphasis on upgrading their agricultural practices, which is expected to be the catalyst that propels demand for seed treatment in Asia-Pacific.
Key Developments in the market
- 2017: Albaugh, LLC is launching a new biological seed treatment platform called BIOST - that will provide the seed treatment industry and growers with a broad portfolio of biological products that have been selected and tested by Albaugh based on field performance and grower return on investment.
- 2016: Syngenta recently announced the launch of the EPIVIO™ brand family, a range of new biostimulants which address abiotic stresses through seed treatment.
Major Key Players: ADAMA, ADVANCED BIOLOGICAL MARKETING Inc., MAKHTESHIM AGAN INDUSTRIES Ltd., BASF SE, BAYERS CROP SCIENCE AG, BIOWORKS Inc., BRETTYOUNG LIMITED, DuPont, GERMAINS SEED TECHNOLOGY, VERDESIAN LIFE SCIENCE, MONSANTO COMPANY, NOVOZYMES A/S, NUFARM Ltd., PLANT HEALTH CARE, PRECISION LABORATORIES LLC., SYNGENTA INTERNATIONAL AG, VALENT USA CORPORATION, WOLF TRAX Inc. Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To understand the growth, trends, and forecast for 2018 - 2023 in the global biological seed treatment. The information is crucial to understand the market’s functionalities and the changes which are possible to follow.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Major developments in the market are identified in the study, which helps the clients to understand the nature and scope of this market from a macro perspective.
- The information regarding market overview, especially in terms of maturity provided in the study, is essential toward developing apt growth strategies suitable for the region considered in the study.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
Customization of the Report
- Countries of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
- Companies of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.