Global Aptamers Market - Segmented by Type of Products and Applications - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The global Aptamers market has been estimated to reach USD 401.30 billion in 2023. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 17.89% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. North America dominates the market due to the increasing technological advancements.
Advancements in the field of aptamer development technologies
Advancements in aptamer development technologies, increasing R&D, and rising number of companies investing in this market are some of the key driving factors responsible for the growth of this market. Numerous advantages offered by these small molecules in comparison to established antibodies have also led to higher demand for these molecules across a diverse range of medical applications. They are chemically synthesized, which eliminates batch-to-batch variation and demands less time for development. Along with this, continuous advancement in technologies is expected to stimulate growth.
Low awareness level and incomplete regulatory policies slow down the market growth
Many aptamers have failed to meet the requisite safety and efficacy standards in clinical studies. Thus, companies have to terminate the clinical investigation during late-stage clinical studies. This factor is likely to affect growth of this market negatively. In addition, other factors such as low awareness about these technologies in middle- & low-income countries and inadequate regulatory structure may hamper the overall growth.
North America to Dominate the Market
The Aptamers market is segmented by type of treatment and geography. By geography it is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South America. North America dominates the Aptamers market due to the increasing technological advancements and high investment & funding to support development of Aptamers. Asia-Pacific is also expected to propel the Aptamers market owing to factors, such as increasing research and development activities and economic growth.
Key developments in the market
- In November, 2017, Base Pair Biotechnologies has closed a $3.2 million Series A-3 financing round. Base Pair provides custom aptamer discovery and development services, as well as a line of catalog aptamers. The company said it would use the financing to acquire new lab instruments and other technology in order to to expand its cellular and molecular analysis capabilities, as well as to expand its team.
- In December, 2017, Caris Life Sciences Identifies New Mechanism of Action for an Aptamer with Therapeutic Potential to Treat Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Major key players: SOMALOGIC, INC, APTAMER GROUP, APTAMER SCIENCES, INC., BASE PAIR BIOTECHNOLOGIES, INC., NOXXON PHARMA, VIVONICS INC., APTAGEN, LLC etc.Reasons to purchase this report
- Market analysis for the Global Aptamers Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the company with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
- 2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4. KEY INFERENCES
- 5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
- 5.2 PORTER’S FIVE FORCES
- 5.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
- 5.2.3 THREATS OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT AND SERVICES
- 5.2.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY WITHIN THE INDUSTRY
- 6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
- 6.1 MARKET DRIVERS
- 6.1.1 HIGH ADVANTAGE OF APTAMERS COMPARED TO ANTIBODIES
- 6.1.2 ADVANCEMENTS IN THE FIELD OF APTAMER DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- 6.1.3 GROWING INTEREST OF MANY COMPANIES TO INVEST IN APTAMERS MARKET
- 6.1.4 PROMISING PIPELINE THERAPEUTICS
- 6.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
- 6.2.1 RISING NUMBER OF SETBACKS OF APTAMER THERAPEUTICS IN LATE STAGE CLINICAL STUDIES
- 6.2.2 LOW AWARENESS LEVEL AND INCOMPLETE REGULATORY POLICIES SLOW DOWN THE MARKET GROWTH
- 6.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 6.4 KEY CHALLENGES
- 7. GLOBAL APTAMERS MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 7.1 BY TYPE
- 7.1.1 NUCLEIC ACID
- 7.1.2 PEPTIDE
- 7.2 BY APPLICATION
- 7.2.1 DIAGNOSTICS
- 7.2.2 THERAPEUTICS
- 7.2.3 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- 7.2.4 OTHERS
- 7.3 BY GEOGRAPHY
- 7.3.1 NORTH AMERICA
- 184.108.40.206 US
- 220.127.116.11 CANADA
- 18.104.22.168 MEXICO
- 7.3.2 EUROPE
- 22.214.171.124 FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199 UK
- 188.8.131.52 GERMANY
- 184.108.40.206 ITALY
- 220.127.116.11 SPAIN
- 18.104.22.168 REST OF EUROPE
- 7.3.3 ASIA-PACIFIC
- 22.214.171.124 INDIA
- 126.96.36.199 CHINA
- 188.8.131.52 JAPAN
- 184.108.40.206 AUSTRALIA
- 220.127.116.11 SOUTH KOREA
- 18.104.22.168 REST OF APAC
- 7.3.4 MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 22.214.171.124 GCC
- 126.96.36.199 SOUTH AFRICA
- 188.8.131.52 REST OF MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 7.3.5 SOUTH AMERICA
- 184.108.40.206 BRAZIL
- 220.127.116.11 ARGENTINA
- 18.104.22.168 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 8.1 MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- 8.2 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
- 8.3 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 9. KEY PLAYERS
- 9.1 SOMALOGIC, INC.
- 9.2 APTAMER GROUP
- 9.3 APTAMER SCIENCES, INC.
- 9.4 BASE PAIR BIOTECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 9.5 NOXXON PHARMA
- 9.6 VIVONICS INC.
- 9.7 APTAGEN, LLC
- 9.8 OTHERS
- 10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET