Global Antivenoms Market - Segmented by Animals, Type of Antivenoms - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The global antivenoms market has been estimated to reach USD 152.31 million in 2017.The market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. North America is dominating the market due to increasing antivenom products and research & development for effective antivenom products in that region.
Increasing Awareness on Antivenoms Available
Snake bite is a neglected public health issue in many tropical and subtropical countries. About 5 million snake bites occur each year, resulting in up to 2.5 million envenoming’s (poisoning from snake bites), at least 100 000 deaths and around three times as many amputations and other permanent disabilities. But due to the involvement of international health organizations for producing safe and effective antivenoms people are aware about such antivenoms drugs.
Additionally, recent advancement in pharmaceuticals is also fuelling the global antivenom market.
High Cost of Available Antivenoms
Antivenom production is difficult and expensive. The cost of some antivenom has increased dramatically over the last two decades, making treatment unaffordable for most of the people who need it. Increasing prices have suppressed demand and the treatment has declined significantly, or disappeared entirely in some areas. Inappropriate procurement and medicine distribution strategies in few countries contribute to manufacturers ceasing the production of antivenom or increasing the prices of antivenom. The high cost of the drug, which is around USD 540 per four vial treatment is an example to say that the product never reached many people who cannot afford the treatment.
Also, preparation of the correct immunogens (snake venoms), lack of regulatory capacity for the control of antivenoms in countries, and weak health systems and lack of data are acting restraints the Global Antivenom market.
North America to Dominate the Market
The Global Antivenom Market is segmented into by animals (snakes, scorpion, spiders and others), by type of antivenoms (polyvalent heterologous, monovalent heterologous, homologous and small molecule anti-toxins) and geography. . By geography it is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South America.
North America contributes a major share in antivenom market due to the establishment of snake poison control centers, increase in antivenom products and rise in clinical trial conducting firms for antivenom products and established healthcare facilities in that region.
Key Developments in the market
- September 2017: BTGs CroFab (crotalidae polyvalent immune fab (ovine)), a drug is approved in the US for the treatment of the North American Crotalid snakebites.
- May 2017: Snakebite911, an app that contain educational information on snakes and snakes bite first aid support which is developed by BTG plc.
Key players: PFIZER INC, BIOCLON INSTITUTE, CSL LIMITED, BTG PLC, MERCK AND CO., SIGMA ALDRICH, MICROPHARM and BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIMREASONS TO PURCHASE THIS REPORT
- Market analysis for the Global Antivenom Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the industry with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
- 2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4. KEY INFERENCES
- 5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
- 5.2 PORTERS FIVE FORCES
- 5.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
- 5.2.3 THREATS OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT AND SERVICES
- 5.2.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY WITHIN THE INDUSTRY
- 6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
- 6.1 MARKET DRIVERS
- 6.1.1 RECENT ADVANCEMENTS IN PHARMACEUTICALS
- 6.1.2 INCREASING AWARENESS ON ANTIVENOMS AVAILABLE
- 6.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
- 6.2.1 HIGH COST OF ANTIVENOM AVAILABLE
- 6.2.2 PREPARATION OF THE CORRECT IMMUNOGENS (SNAKE VENOMS)
- 6.2.3 LACK OF REGULATORY CAPACITY FOR THE CONTROL OF ANTIVENOMS IN COUNTRIES
- 6.2.4 WEAK HEALTH SYSTEMS AND LACK OF DATA
- 6.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 6.4 KEY CHALLENGES
- 7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 7.1 SEGMENTATION BY ANIMALS
- 7.1.1 SNAKES
- 7.1.2 SCORPION
- 7.1.3 SPIDERS
- 7.1.4 OTHERS
- 7.2 SEGMENTATION BY TYPE
- 7.2.1 POLYVALENT HETEROLOGOUS ANTIVENOMS
- 7.2.2 MONOVALENT HETEROLOGOUS ANTIVENOMS
- 7.2.3 HOMOLOGOUS ANTIVENOMS:
- 7.2.4 SMALL MOLECULE ANTI-TOXINS
- 7.3 SEGEMENTATION BY GEOGRAPHY
- 7.3.1 NORTH AMERICA
- 18.104.22.168 UNITED STATES
- 22.214.171.124 CANADA
- 126.96.36.199 MEXICO
- 7.3.2 EUROPE
- 188.8.131.52 FRANCE
- 184.108.40.206 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 UNITED KINGDOM
- 18.104.22.168 ITALY
- 22.214.171.124 SPAIN
- 126.96.36.199 REST OF EUROPE
- 7.3.3 ASIA-PACIFIC
- 188.8.131.52 CHINA
- 184.108.40.206 JAPAN
- 220.127.116.11 INDIA
- 18.104.22.168 AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
- 22.214.171.124 SOUTH KOREA
- 126.96.36.199 REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
- 7.3.4 MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 188.8.131.52 GCC
- 184.108.40.206 SOUTH AFRICA
- 220.127.116.11 REST OF MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 7.3.5 SOUTH AMERICA
- 18.104.22.168 BRAZIL
- 22.214.171.124 ARGENTINA
- 126.96.36.199 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 8.1 MERGERS AND ACQUISITION ANALYSIS
- 8.2 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS & PARTNERSHIPS
- 8.3 NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHES
- 9. COMPANY PROFILES
- 9.1 PFIZER INC
- 9.2 BIOCLON INSTITUTE
- 9.3 CSL LIMITED
- 9.4 BTG PLC
- 9.5 MERCK AND CO.
- 9.6 SIGMA ALDRICH
- 9.7 MICROPHARM
- 9.8 BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM
- 9.9 OTHERS
- 10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET