Germany Direct Drive Wind Turbine Market Outlook to 2022 - Market Analysis by Capacity, Turbine Technology, Geography, Competitive Landscape, Key Company Information - Growth Trends and Forecasts
Germanys impressive streak of renewable energy sources usage continues to grow. With renewable energy generation surging to a record 75 per cent of the countrys overall electricity demand, Direct drive wind turbine market is expected to grow significantly in the coming future.
Adoption of gearless wind turbines is nothing but the elimination of gearbox as the weakest link in the design of modern wind turbines. Generally gearboxes lasts for an average 5 years and failing probably due to misalignment operation during the wind turbines life span of approximately 20 years, or due to severe strain and shape changes under sudden wind gusts.
In addition, it eliminates the need for oil cooling avoiding one cause of fires and environmental pollution in the case of the lubricating oil spillage. Like small wind turbines, these have inverters instead of synchronous generators, that is to say, a separate controller that converts the AC electrical power generated into a form that the grid can be fed with. This gearless concept has not yet been universally adopted like the flexible hub concept.
The gearless drive system does not require any oil to separate. The tips of the turbine blades are tilted to reduce noise emissions. The annular generator is of primary importance in the gearless system design of wind turbine. It offers the advantages of totally avoiding the gear box components. Combine with the rotor hub, it provides an almost friction less flow of energy, while the gentle running of fewer moving components guarantees minimal material wear.
Developing countries such as China and India are mainly responsible for the market growth. Countries such as China, the United States, Germany, Spain, India themselves occupy more than 70 per cent of the market share. While the major share of the opportunities for this market exist in China, Germany and the United States, as these countries are rapidly increasing their new capacity additions to the existing ones.
The only issue with the wind turbine market is that the initial capital investments required is slightly on a higher side when compared to the other non-renewable energy markets in terms of tower installations and turbine and other equipment. Major revolutions happened in the recent years towards the turbine design and installation techniques, which resulted in reducing the initial capital investment required to a fairly reasonable extent.
What the Report Offers
· Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
· Market analysis for the Germany direct drive wind turbine market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
· Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
· Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
· Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Germany direct drive wind turbine market on both global and regional scale.
· A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.