Germany Construction Chemicals Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The Germany construction chemicals market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 6.5%, over the forecast period. Growing construction activities in the country are expected to drive the market for construction chemicals in the country during the forecast period.
- By product type, the concrete admixture segment dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period
- However, grouts and anchors segment are expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Growing Construction Activities in the Country
- The construction sector in the country is expected to grow steadily, over the next five years, owing to the increased public expenditure on infrastructure. The recovery would significantly support the growth of the construction chemicals market, during the forecast period.
- Germany has the largest construction industry in Europe. The residential construction segment is expected to witness a moderately high growth rate. According to industry experts, the recent migration of people into the country is stimulating the demand for new residential construction. It is expected that around 3.6 million migrants will arrive in Germany, by 2020, which will require at least 350,000 new dwelling spaces per year. This is expected to boost the construction sector.
- Under the 2030 FTIP (Federal Transport Infrastructure Plan), the federal government announced that it will invest USD 147.6 billion in Germany’s roads for the period 2016 to 2030, where USD 74.4 billion will be allocated for structural maintenance and replacement infrastructure.
- The short-term and mid-term outlook for the German construction market forecasts a strong demand for infrastructure and housing investments. The construction sector in the country shows a high degree of capacity utilization, with increased competition for sub-suppliers and faces workforce shortness.
- Currently, apart from the few very large constructions groups, internationalization does not seem to be a major driver, as most players show a quite high degree of capacity utilization resulting from domestic demand.
- The factors are estimated to boost the demand for construction chemicals in the country during the forecast period.
Residential Sector to Dominate the Market
- The residential segment primarily includes elite housing, middle-class housing, and low-cost housing.
- The elite class is synonymous to luxury, and housing is no exception. The demand for apartments, penthouses, villas, and bungalows in gated communities, with world-class designs and amenities, is expanding rapidly. The developers are launching projects to cater to such demands.
- The rising middle-class population, coupled with increasing disposable incomes, has facilitated expansion in the middle-class housing segment, thereby, increasing the use of construction chemicals in the segment, during the forecast period.
- The low-cost housing segment is rising at a steady rate, primarily owing to the various government initiatives to provide affordable housing to the urban and rural poor.
- All the aforementioned factors help in the growth of the construction industry in the country. This, in turn, increases the demand for the construction chemicals in the residential sector in Germany, during the forecast period.
The market for construction chemicals in the country is partially consolidated in nature. The major companies include RPM International Inc., Sika AG, BASF SE, LafargeHolcim, and MAPEI SpA, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Construction Activities in the Country
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Concrete Admixture
- 5.1.2 Surface Treatment
- 5.1.3 Repair and Rehabilitation
- 5.1.4 Protective Coatings
- 5.1.5 Industrial Flooring
- 5.1.6 Waterproofing
- 5.1.7 Adhesives
- 5.1.8 Sealants
- 5.1.9 Grout and Anchor
- 5.1.10 Cement Grinding Aids
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Commercial
- 5.2.2 Industrial
- 5.2.3 Infrastructure
- 5.2.4 Residential
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Arkema Group
- 6.4.3 Ashland
- 6.4.4 BASF SE
- 6.4.5 Dow
- 6.4.6 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.7 LafargeHolcim
- 6.4.8 MAPEI SpA
- 6.4.9 RPM International Inc.
- 6.4.10 Saint-Gobain
- 6.4.11 Sika AG
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS