Europe NDT Equipment Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
The European non-destructive testing equipment market has registered a CAGR of 5.80% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The introduction of stringent government safety regulations across different European countries, due to an increase in failure incidents and the need for extending the life of aging infrastructure, is compelling the industries to employ testing across their manufacturing cycles. Key Highlights
Key Market TrendsIncreasing Investment in Aerospace and Defense
- The current market trends in NDT equipment are robust live data capture and comprehensive capture, which require instant feedback in real-time. New sensors are being incorporated in non-destructive testing (NDT) devices, along with other smart and multifunctional components that are embedded and intelligent.
- The re-usability of an object after inspection with little-to-no effect on operating performance, coupled with the right balance between quality control and cost-effectiveness, positioned NDT as a go-to solution across all end-user verticals. The factors significantly driving the growth of the market include stringent regulations mandating safety standards and rising focus on safety and maintenance of aging infrastructure.
- Aditionally, the growth of 3D printing, many queries regarding the 3D printed parts’ structural integrity, tolerance limits, layer defects, residual stress, material inclusions, etc., remain unanswered as the additive manufacturing (AM) process parameters and disruptions during the material layering may induce a variety of internal flaws and porosity in the final product. These might affect the performance of AM devices and create risks of potential failures, so the support of non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques for better assessment of AM parts is extending.
- Further, major companies, such as Mistras, Bureau Veritas, Dunegan Engineering Consultants, are investing in research and development activities, especially in the technologies, such as robotic inspections and onboard monitoring, to curb the rising demand for advanced inspection techniques in complex environments, such as off-shore oil and gas establishments, sub-sea pipelines, highly contaminant nuclear power plant environments, etc.
- In June 2020, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said that the month-on-month index of the industrial sector's output in the UK declined by over 20% in April 2020. According to ONS, the drop shows the early impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the country's economy. The biggest fall of 24.3% was recorded in the manufacturing sector that accounts for 75% of the production industries. As industrial production declines due to the pandemic, it will significantly affect the growth of the market.
United Kingdom is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The European aerospace and defense industry develops and manufactures civil and military aircraft, helicopters, drones, aero-engines, other defense systems, and equipment. The sector includes companies that provide support services, such as maintenance and training. It is also a world leader in the production of civil aircraft, including aircraft engines, helicopters, parts, and components. It has a trade surplus for aerospace products, which are exported all over the world. Investment in R&D and innovation is vital for the competitiveness of the EU aeronautics industry. RDI expenditures represent 10% of industry turnover, one-third of which was financed by the public sector.
- The European defense industry makes a significant contribution to the security and defense of its citizens. The defense industry is a major industrial sector that includes a variety of fields, such as aeronautics, land and naval systems, and electronics.
- Additionaly, the industry is highly innovative and centered on high-end engineering and technologies, and it invests heavily in innovation. The defense sector involves more than 2,500 SMEs critically important to the supply chain. These SMEs are mostly concentrated in six EU countries, namely, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. However, companies producing ancillary equipment and systems are found all over Europe.
- Furthermore, Increased complexity of equipment makes it even more essential for firms to conduct proper “fit analysis” before determining the feasibility of assembling complex machines. NDT is also used in the selection and fabrication of materials that are used for manufacturing complex machinery in the application areas in the aerospace and defense industry.
- The United Kingdom is trying to adjust to the post-Brexit situation. It is yet to make stable plans on how to make a smooth exit from the European Union. The country has been quite selective and cautious in making various plans and amendments, so that both the parties have profitable trade agreements even after separation.
- Also, according to Office for National Statistics, the contribution to the UK economy by the energy industries for 2018 was 3.2% of GDP, and the oil and gas extraction accounted for 34%, electricity (including renewables) accounted for 37%, and gas accounted for 18%. Real-time monitoring and continuous maintenance are mandatory in this sector to avoid any interruptions in the import and export activities that govern the global oil equilibrium, thus, emphasizing the need for the growth of the market being studied.
- In addition, the presence of some of the largest NDT Equipment manufacturers, like NDT Equipment Supplies Limited and NDT Consultants Ltd, are also boosting the growth of the market in the region. For instance, NDT Equipment Supplies Limited is the largest European manufacturer of ultrasonic standard and special blocks and test pieces, including No.1 to EN ISO 2400:2012, No.2 to EN ISO 7963:2010 V1, V2, & IOW to BS2704, also DAC, ASME, Ladder Step Wedges, and Eddy Current Blocks.
- Moreover, the region is witnessing increased investment, owing to the huge potential, especially the aerospace sector, which is constantly growing. For instance, VisiConsult X-ray Systems & Solutions GmbH and Labquip NDT of Sussex have signed a distributor agreement for the VisiConsult digital radiography product line.
The European Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Equipment Market is competitive in nature and consists of several major players. The end-users demand is driven by safety and regulatory needs and the companies operating in the market are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives, to offer specialized solutions, to increase their market share and increase their profitability. The companies operating in the market are also into mergers and acquisitions that help in improving the served market portfolio.
- March 2019- YXLON International collaborated with the Japanese company, Nagoya Electric Works (NEW). The collaboration includes the development and distribution of specialized X-ray systems. According to the company, the collaboration will help it to fulfill the growing demand from the customers, from the semiconductor and SMT industry, for analyzing continuously smaller features at high speed.
- October 2019 - Intertek announced the expansion of its corrosion testing at its Sharjah Laboratory Complex, which assists clients in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, and Egypt. The upgrade and expansion of the Sharjah facility allow Intertek to offer enhanced local services in a laboratory devoted to the testing of corrosion inhibitors under highly ‘sour’ conditions; for example, fluids containing high levels of corrosive hydrogen sulfide (BS).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Packet Inc. (An Equinix Inc. Company)
Amazon Web Services Inc
LightEdge Solutions, IncPlease note:
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Stringent Regulations Mandating Safety Standards
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Lack of Skilled Personnel and Training Facilities
- 4.4 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Equipment
- 5.1.2 Services
- 5.2 Testing Technology
- 5.2.1 Radiography
- 5.2.2 Ultrasonic
- 5.2.3 Magnetic Particle
- 5.2.4 Liquid Penetrant
- 5.2.5 Visual Inspection
- 5.2.6 Other Technologies
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Oil and Gas
- 5.3.2 Power and Energy
- 5.3.3 Aerospace and Defense
- 5.3.4 Automotive and Transportation
- 5.3.5 Construction
- 5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Country
- 5.4.1 United Kingdom
- 5.4.2 Germany
- 5.4.3 France
- 5.4.4 Italy
- 5.4.5 Russia
- 5.4.6 Rest of Europe
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Novo DR Ltd
- 6.1.2 Scanna MSC
- 6.1.3 3DX-RAY Ltd (Image Scan Holdings Plc)
- 6.1.4 Logos Imaging LLC
- 6.1.5 Teledyne ICM
- 6.1.6 YXLON International GmbH (COMET Group)
- 6.1.7 X-RIS SRL
- 6.1.8 SAS novup (VisioConsult)
- 6.1.9 GE Measurement and Control
- 6.1.10 Zetec Inc.
- 6.1.11 Intertek Group PLC
- 6.1.12 Applus+
- 6.1.13 Bureau Veritas
- 7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- 8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET