Europe Molecular Biosensors Market - Segmented by Application, Technology, Type, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The European molecular biosensors market is expected to register a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Germany dominates the market due to the increasing demand for point of care testing in the region.
Increasing Prevalence of Chronic and Lifestyle-induced Diseases
The incidence of chronic diseases is relatively high in Europe. According to WHO, cerebrovascular disease or stroke accounted for approximately 20% of all deaths and 9% of total disease burden in 2015 in Europe. Mortality and disease burden from diabetes mellitus is also increasing in this region. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is also one of the leading causes of premature death in Europe. Biosensors are used in the detection of disease progression. The increasing prevalence of chronic and lifestyle-induced diseases is driving the growth of the European molecular biosensor market.
Additionally, increasing demand for point of care testing and increasing application of biosensors in various industries are also fueling the growth of the European molecular biosensor market.
Reimbursement Policies Issues in Healthcare Systems
In European countries, there are various issues in reimbursement policies in the healthcare system. Healthcare in EU is either financed through general taxation or by contributions to health insurance funds. These health insurance funds are highly expensive. Doctors in Germany are blaming the government-set prices for not letting them regain their investment. Many Italian regions are going bankrupt due to the funding of medicine.
Germany to Dominate the Market
Germany dominates the molecular biosensor market due to the increasing demand for point of care tests, increase in chronic disease, and R&D investment, which is increasing the scope of the European molecular biosensor market.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018 - Scientists developed an ultra-thin, flexible biosensor for real-time glucose tracking, which can be incorporated into watches or contact lenses.
The major players include - Siemens Healthcare, LifeSensors, Inc., Nova Biomedical Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Johnson and Johnson, Medtronic, Inc., F. Hoffmann La Roche, and Bayer AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Market analysis for the European molecular biosensors market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the industry with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Market Definition
- 2. Research Methodology
- 3. Executive Summary
- 4. Key Inferences
- 5. Market Overview
- 5.1 Current Market Scenario
- 5.2 Porter's Five Forces
- 5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Product and Services
- 5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
- 6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
- 6.1 Market Drivers
- 6.1.1 Increasing Prevalence of Chronic and Lifestyle-induced Diseases
- 6.1.2 Increasing Demand for Point of Care Testing
- 6.1.3 Rising Awareness amongst Population Regarding Advantages of Using Biosensors
- 6.1.4 Increasing Application of Biosensors in Various Industries
- 6.2 Market Restraints
- 6.2.1 Strict Regulatory Requirements for Biosensors
- 6.2.2 Reimbursement Policies Issues in Healthcare Systems
- 6.3 Opportunities
- 6.4 Key Challenges
- 7. Market Segmentation
- 7.1 By Application
- 7.1.1 Medical Diagnostics
- 7.1.2 Pharma & Biotech
- 7.1.3 Food and Beverages
- 7.1.4 Environment Safety
- 7.1.5 Defense and Security
- 7.1.6 Others
- 7.2 By Technology
- 7.2.1 Electrochemical Biosensors
- 7.2.2 Optical Biosensors
- 7.2.3 Thermal Biosensors
- 7.2.4 Peizoelectric Biosensors
- 7.3 By Type
- 7.3.1 Biological Signaling
- 7.3.2 Transduction Element
- 7.3.3 Recognition Element
- 7.4 By Geography
- 7.4.1 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Gemany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 UK
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Spain
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Mergers and Acquisition Analysis
- 8.2 Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships
- 8.3 New Products Launches
- 9. Key Players
- 9.1 Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- 9.2 Bayer AG
- 9.3 F. Hoffmann La Roche
- 9.4 Johnson and Johnson
- 9.5 LifeSensors, Inc.
- 9.6 Medtronic, Inc.
- 9.7 Nova Biomedical Corporation
- 9.8 Siemens Healthcare
- *List Not Exhausitive
- 10. Outlook of the Market