Europe Food Sweetener Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
In 2016, the global market for food sweeteners was valued at USD 78 billion. It is expected to increase at a CAGR of 3.4% to reach nearly USD 112 billion during the forecast period of 2018-2023. The European food sweetener market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% to reach USD 13 billion by 2023, from an estimated market value of nearly USD 11.5 billion in 2017.
Europe Food Sweetener Market Dynamics
Europe accounts for the third largest market for bulk sweeteners after America, with a global market share of around 17%.The high consumption and production of bakery and confectionery products in Europe have increased its application market.Russia holds the major share in the region, followed by the Germany (as per sweetener consumption).
Europe Food Sweetener Market Segmentation
The sweetener market is segmented into bulk sweeteners and sugar substitutes. The growth in the sugar substitutes market is due to increased awareness and usage of dietary foods. Another major driver is the growing population of overweight, obese, and diabetic patients, which is resulting in growth in this category. Although presently sugar substitutes do not constitute a major share of the market, this is the fastest growing segment due to the rising health concerns among people. Aspartame and sucralose are the most famous sweeteners in the HIS (High Intensity Sweeteners) segment. Stevia is also seeing high demand in the natural sweeteners category.
In 2011, the European Regulation granted the authorization for the use of steviol glycoside in specified food products, which augmented the sweetener market. The growing consumer trends towards natural ingredients and clean label solution in Europe have driven the natural sweetener market. Increased alcohol production in Europe is the biggest factor for sugar and sweetener consumption.
- November 2017- Coca-Cola will launch stevia-sweetened soda in a small market outside of the United States in the first half of 2018.
- January 2017- Partners Evolva and Cargill Inc. are planning to launch EverSweet fermented stevia in 2018 as a strategy to maintain their first mover advantage in the next generation stevia market.
- October 2016- Cargill Inc. launched non-GMO sweeteners and sunflower oil.
Major players - ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND (ADM), AUSTRALIAN STEVIA MILLS, ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS, A&Z FOOD ADDITIVES CO. LTD., CARGILL INC., CORBION PURAC, CELANESE CORPORATION, CORN PRODUCTS INTERNATIONAL, DANISCO, DSM, FRAKEN BIOCHEM, JK SUCRALOSE INC., STEVIA FIRST CORPORATION, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet ((in Excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Research Methodology
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Report Description
- 2. Key Findings
- 3. Market Overview & Dynamics
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Drivers
- 3.2.1 Expanding Processed Foods Market
- 3.2.2 Demand for Natural Sweeteners
- 3.2.3 Demand for Frozen and Confectionary Foods
- 3.2.4 Increasing Demand from Emerging Economies
- 3.3 Restraints
- 3.3.1 Consumer Demand for Natural Additives
- 3.3.2 Demand for Clean Label Solutions
- 3.4 Opportunities
- 3.4.1 Growing Demand for Natural and Nutraceuticals Ingredients
- 3.4.2 Innovations to Meet the Wellness Demand
- 3.4.3 Wider Acceptance of GSFA for Improved International Trade
- 3.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 3.5.3 Degree of Competition
- 3.5.4 Threat of Substitution
- 3.5.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 4. Market Segmentation
- 4.1 By Type
- 4.1.1 Bulk Sweeteners
- 22.214.171.124 Sucrose
- 126.96.36.199 Fructose
- 188.8.131.52 Lactose
- 184.108.40.206 High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
- 220.127.116.11 Others
- 4.1.2 Sugar Substitutes
- 18.104.22.168 Sucralose
- 22.214.171.124 Xylitol
- 126.96.36.199 Stevia
- 188.8.131.52 Aspartame
- 184.108.40.206 Saccharine
- 220.127.116.11 Others
- 4.2 By Application
- 4.2.1 Dairy & Frozen Products
- 4.2.2 Bakery
- 4.2.3 Beverages
- 4.2.4 Confectionery
- 4.2.5 Meat & Seafood
- 4.2.6 Others
- 4.3 By Geography
- 4.3.1 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 UK
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5. Competitive Landscape Overview
- 5.1 Market Share Analysis
- 5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
- 5.3 New Product Developments &Other Innovations
- 6. Company Profiles
- 6.1 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- 6.2 Australian Stevia Mills
- 6.3 Associated British Foods
- 6.4 A&Z Food Additives Co. Ltd
- 6.5 Cargill Inc.
- 6.6 Corbion Purac
- 6.7 Celanese Corporation
- 6.8 Corn Products International
- 6.9 Danisco
- 6.10 DSM
- 6.11 Fraken Biochem
- 6.12 JK Sucralose Inc.
- 6.13 Stevia First Corporation
- 7. Appendix
- 7.1 Disclaimer