Europe Acetic Acid Market - Segmented by Application, End-User Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The Europe acetic acid is expected to register a CAGR of 4.30% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Vinyl Acetate Monomers (VAM) dominated the market by application in 2017 with nearly 34% share in the market, while Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) segment is estimated to register the fastest CAGR through the forecast period, 2018-2023.
High Demand from VAM’s
By application, VAM dominated the acetic acid market with a market share of more than 35%, followed by PTA at 22.52% in 2017. The demand for acetic acid from VAM’s has been at a steady rise owing to the rising demand from Germany , Spain and Russia.
Germany Dominates the Market
In Europe, Germany has the highest share in the market, accounting for nearly 29% of the total market share in 2017. VAM is the key raw material in the manufacturing of water-based adhesives, which account for a significant share of the adhesive and sealants market. Germany is also expected to have the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The increasing demand from Germany is expected to boost the demand for acetic acid over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the market
- April 2017: Celanese Corporation Completes acquisition of Nylon Compounding division of Nilit.
Major Key Players are BP, CELANESE, DEICIL, DOWDUPONT, SHOWA DENKO and EASTMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY, GNFC LTD., LYONDELL BASELL, etc. among others.Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions or countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Product segment, which is going to dominate the market over the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimation sheet in excel.
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Scope of the Report
- 1.2 Research Methodology
- 2. Executive Summary
- 3. Market Insights
- 3.1 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.2.5 Degree of Competition
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand in Spain and Russia
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Environmental Concerns
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Opportunity
- 4.3.1 Growth of Packaging Industry Opening Opportunities for Acetic Acid Market
- 5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
- 5.1 By Application
- 5.1.1 Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM)
- 5.1.2 Purified Teraphthalic Acid (PTA)
- 5.1.3 Acetate Esters
- 5.1.4 Acetate Anhydride
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 By End-User Industry
- 5.2.1 Plastics and Polymers
- 5.2.2 Food and Beverage
- 5.2.3 Inks, Paints and Coatings
- 5.2.4 Pharmaceuticals
- 5.2.5 Textiles
- 5.2.6 Others
- 6. Regional Market Analysis
- 6.1 Germany
- 6.2 United Kingdom
- 6.3 France
- 6.4 Italy
- 6.5 Rest of Europe
- 7. Future of the Market
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 8.2 Market Share Analysis*
- 8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials*, Products & Services, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
- 9.1 BP
- 9.2 CELANESE
- 9.3 DEICEL
- 9.4 DOWDUPONT
- 9.5 EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO.
- 9.6 GNFC LTD.
- 9.7 LYONDELL BASELL
- 9.8 SHOWA DENKO
- 9.9 ...list not exhaustive
- 10. Disclaimer
- 11. * subject to availability on public domain