Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)
The erectile dysfunction drugs market is expected to register a CAGR of nearly 8.00% during the forecast period.
The major factors leading to the growth of the erectile dysfunction (ED) drugs market include the rising adoption of a sedentary lifestyle along with the associated stress, rising geriatric population, and comorbidity between erectile dysfunction and heart diseases, and diabetes.
Sedentary lifestyle, alcoholism, and smoking greatly increase the risk of erectile dysfunction. Increasing adoption of these poor lifestyle choices will lead to the overall growth of the erectile dysfunction drugs market.
The rise in the number of ED cases can be correlated with the high growth of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disorders. Hypertension is also another major illness linked to erectile dysfunction and as reported by CDC in 2018, the prevalence of hypertension has grown at a considerable rate, with approximately 65 million people suffering from the condition in the United States.
Key Market Trends
Retail Pharmacies is the Segment by Distribution Channel is expected to Dominate the Market
- The retail pharmacies are expected to dominate the market due to the easy availability of erectile dysfunction drugs at retail stores.
- As per the data published by the Consumer Healthcare Products Association, there are more than 750,000 retail establishments in the United States, both rural and urban consumers have access to treatments for various conditions, 24*7.
- Furthermore, according to the Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2020, ED is increasingly prevalent with age and particulary those men are affected at age 40.
- Thus, owing to the easy availability of the drug and rising cases of ED, the market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Dominate the Market
- North America is expected to dominate the erectile dysfunction drugs market, owing to the rising geriatric population, increase in cases of ED and the presence of better healthcare infrastructure.
- According to the United States Census Bureau’s Statistics as of 2017, the total number of people 65 and older exceeds 50 million, and between 2020-2030 the number of elderly is projected to increase by almost 18 million.
- The rise in geriatric population is expected to increase the number of patients suffering from ED, as it is very common in men above age 40. The availability of various ED drugs through over the counter (OTC) and online channels is a key factor for dominance of these regions.
- The presence of online pharmacy stores is a blessing in disguise for several patients who are conscious about visiting a retail pharmacy store to purchase ED and other sexual wellness products.
The market studied is a fragmented market owing to the presence of the various small and large market players. Some of the market players are Apricus Biosciences, Inc., Bayer AG, Eli Lilly and Company, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Metuchen Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Pfizer Inc., S.K. Chemicals Co. Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and VIVUS, Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rising Adoption of a Sedentary Lifestyle Along with the Associated Stress
- 4.2.2 Rising Geriatric Population
- 4.2.3 Comorbidity between Erectile Dysfunction and Heart Diseases, and Diabetes
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Reluctance of Patients to Seek Treatment
- 4.3.2 Poor Patient Adherence to ED Drugs
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product
- 5.1.1 Viagra (sildenafil citrate)
- 5.1.2 Cialis (Tadalafil)
- 5.1.3 Levitra/Staxyn (vardenafil)
- 5.1.4 Stendra/Spedra (avanafil)
- 5.1.5 Zydena (udenafil)
- 5.1.6 Vitaros (Alprostadil Cream)
- 5.1.7 Other Products
- 5.2 By Distribution Channel
- 5.2.1 Hospital Pharmacies
- 5.2.2 Retail Pharmacies
- 5.2.3 Online Pharmacies
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Australia
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Middle East and Africa
- 18.104.22.168 GCC
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
- 5.3.5 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Apricus Biosciences Inc.
- 6.1.2 Bayer AG
- 6.1.3 Eli Lilly and Company
- 6.1.4 Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- 6.1.5 GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- 6.1.6 Metuchen Pharmaceuticals LLC
- 6.1.7 Pfizer Inc.
- 6.1.8 S.K. Chemicals Co. Ltd
- 6.1.9 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- 6.1.10 VIVUS Inc.
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS