Dental Adhesives & Sealants Market - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The global dental adhesives and sealant market is expected to record a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the market studied are increasing health expenditures and emphasis on improving dental procedure outcomes in developing countries, increase in the aging population around the world, and the raising awareness of oral care through government campaigns in Asia-Pacific.
- The high cost of treatment and stringent regulations governing dental adhesives in many countries is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- North America accounted for the largest market, accounting for more than 40% of the global market share, followed by Asia-Pacific.
Key Market Trends
Self-etch Adhesive to Dominate the Market
- Self etch is a sixth and seventh-generation system. Along with its enhanced physical properties, it offers convenience.
- The self-etch segment of the market studied is mainly driven by its ability to bond to enamel and dentin. It is perhaps the most popular dental adhesive. As it is a relatively new process, it is now being explored by dentists.
- Clearfil Liner Bond 2, the first self-etching adhesive in the world, was introduced by Kuraray at the beginning of the 1990s. Its primary objective was to eliminate the technique sensitivities caused by the total-etch technique and to develop a system with fewer work steps. Moreover, it could prevent sensitivities and reduced pain for the patient. A water-based, self-etching primer was developed to avoid problems related to defined surface moisture.
- North America accounts for a major share of the self-etch segment, and occupied about 35% of the global market, followed by Asia-Pacific.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America is dominating the dental adhesives and sealants market in the global scenario, and accounts for more than 40% of the global market share, with the United States being the largest market.
- The US healthcare industry is one of the key sectors contributing to the GDP. Approximately two-thirds of Americans seek care from a dentist regularly, and the remaining individuals and families face challenges accessing dental care.
- There are increasing concerns among people for oral hygiene and healthcare in the country, and investments are being made in the healthcare industry to develop smart infrastructure and to expand the existing facilities in the country.
- These factors are expected to drive the growth of the dental adhesives and sealants market steadily over the forecast period.
The global dental adhesives and sealants market is fragmented in nature. The major companies include 3M, Bisco Inc., Dentsply Sirona, Tricol Biomedical, Inc, and Ivoclar Vivadent, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Health Expenditures and Emphasis on Improving Dental Procedure Outcomes in Developing Countries
- 4.1.2 Increase in Aging Population Around the World
- 4.1.3 Rising Awareness of Oral Care through Government Campaigns in Asia-Pacific
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Cost of Treatment
- 4.2.2 Stringent Regulations Governing Dental Adhesives
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Raw Material
- 5.1.1 Synthetic Adhesive
- 22.214.171.124 Acrylic
- 126.96.36.199 Silicone
- 188.8.131.52 Other Raw Materials
- 5.1.2 Natural Adhesive
- 5.2 Etching Type
- 5.2.1 Self-etching Adhesive
- 5.2.2 Total Etching Adhesive
- 5.2.3 Other Etching Adhesives
- 5.3 Curing
- 5.3.1 Self cured
- 5.3.2 Light Cured
- 5.3.3 Dual Cured
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Bisco Inc.
- 6.4.3 Den-Mat Holdings LLC
- 6.4.4 Dentsply Sirona
- 6.4.5 Ivoclar Vivadent
- 6.4.6 KaVo Kerr
- 6.4.7 Kerr Corporation
- 6.4.8 SDI Limited
- 6.4.9 Secure Denture (Denture Adhesive Denture Cream)
- 6.4.10 Team Technologies Inc.
- 6.4.11 Tricol Biomedical, Inc
- 6.4.12 Zimmer Biomet
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Industrial Growth in Middle East & Africa
- 7.2 Increase in the Exploration of Natural Gas