Chile Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Analysis of Growth, Trends and Forecast (2017 - 2022)
• Chilean government supports GM-seed production for exports but not for domestic production and, thus posing an increased dependence on pesticides.
• A bill, allowing farmers to sow transgenic seeds for domestic use, has been languishing in the Congress since last one decade. If this bill gets passed, the Chilean crop protection chemicals market will be highly affected.
• The industry is witnessing a number of product launches. For instance, in 2017, Bayer presented its fungicide Agrocopper (copper sulfate pentahydrate) and fungicide seed treatment Scenic.
The factors, like GM crops not allowed for domestic consumption and increase in herbicide resistance, are expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, the increasing technological innovations in the crop-protection market, combined with various mergers and acquisitions, are anticipated to augment the market size. However, excessive government regulationsand food safety issues, coupled with environmental degradation concerns, are the market few restraints.
Based on the application type, the market is been segmented into crop-based and non-crop based. The market, based on the product type, is categorized into insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and ‘others’ that include synthetic pesticides and biopesticides. In 2017, the Chilean insecticide market is expected to reach USD 210 million. The increasing consumption rate of organophosphates, carbamates, and pyrethroids is driving the share of insecticides segment in the Chilean crop protection market. As of August 2017, around 1218 crop protection (both, synthetic and bio-based) products have been authorized to be used in Chile. Out of the total authorized products, about 30.45% are being locally manufactured and the rest imported from countries, such as, the United States, India, Israel, Japan, and a significant portion from China.
Major Companies in the Market Include:
• Adama Chile S.A.
• Anasac Chile S.A
• BASF Chile S.A
• Bayer S.A.
• Cheminova S.A.
Recent Industry Insights
• On July 10, 2017, the Chilean government has cancelled 17 crop-protection chemicals. Companies, like Syngenta, DuPont Chile, and BASF Chile, were the manufacturers of these chemicals.
• In July 2017, Gowan Crop Protection Limited (GCP), an affiliate of Gowan Company, L.L.C., acquired Agrotechnology S.A. in Chile.
• Various companies have been expanding their business in Latin America, especially in Chile. For Instance, Sumitomo launched its crop protection distribution holding company in 2015.
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis, with region specific assessments and competition analysis including market share analysis.
• Market overview and identification, and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Chile crop protection chemicals market and instrumental in changing the market scenario on a regional scale
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies and their market share, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and financial information and strategies adopted to sustain and grow in the studied market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook