Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The Bangladesh mustard oil market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. As mustard oil is a commodity-based product, the more the availability, the higher the market penetration. Though oil is priced on a higher end compared to the other edible oils, mustard oil accounts for a share of around 5-6% of the Bangladesh edible oil market.
Availability of Other Healthier Options – Restraining the Mustard Oil Market in Bangladesh
The rising trend of fast food culture has promoted strong flavored cuisines, wherein mustard oil is utilized. Mustard oil, a rich source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E, is expected to witness moderate growth in sales over the forecast period. The Bangladesh edible oil market is dominated by soybean oil, followed by palm oil. These oils are flavor neutral and do not exhibit any pungency, unlike mustard oil. Growing health concerns, change in the income band, rural to urban migration, awareness towards health conscious lifestyle, and socio-economic conditions made consumers switch to healthier edible oils, such as olive oil, corn oil, mustard oil bran oil, and blended oil.
Online Channels likely to Witness CAGR of 6.4% during the Forecast Period
By Application, Bangladesh mustard oil market can be segmented into culinary and personal care. Due to high content of omega-3 fatty acids, the oil is widely used in many personal care products, thus enabling several players in the personal care market, to use mustard oil as an ingredient. By distribution channel, the online channels are expected to witness CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period.Major PLAYERS: WILMAR INTERNATIONAL, PRAN and SQUARE CONSUMER PRODUCTS LTD, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Market Definition
- 2. Market Insights
- 2.1 Market Overview
- 2.2 Market Trends
- 3. Regional Analysis
- 3.1 PESTLE Analysis
- 3.2 Ease of Doing Business
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Opportunities
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Market Analysis
- 4.5.1 Seasonality in Production
- 4.5.2 Seasonality in Consumption
- 4.5.3 Consumer Buying Behavior
- 126.96.36.199 Purchasing Power
- 188.8.131.52 Demographic Factors
- 5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1 By Application
- 5.1.1 Culinary Purpose
- 5.1.2 Personal Care
- 5.2 By Distribution Channel
- 5.2.1 Convenience Stores
- 5.2.2 Hypermarket/Supermarkets
- 5.2.3 Online Retailers
- 6. Market Entry
- 6.1 Market Entry: The Strategy
- 6.2 Types of Entry Modes, by Market Entry Objective
- 7. Competitive Landscape
- 8. Supply Chain Analysis