Australia Whey Protein Market - Growth, Trends & Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The Australia whey protein market is growing at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The key factors that drive the growth of the whey protein market in Australia are the rising demand for dairy ingredients and the keen interest of youngsters towards protein-rich sports nutrition.
- Also, other factors such as rising awareness among the mass to be fit and remain in shape, along with enhancing body immunity across the country have led to significant growth in demand for whey protein in urban areas. This increase in the number of muscle and fitness enthusiasts has prompted a growing consumer demand for whey-based protein sports beverages, specialized nutritional drinks, nutritional snack bars, and other products, which are designed to optimize athletic performance.
- In addition, an increase in demand for whey protein was observed in the personal care market in Australia, as it has high-end usage in the production of various weight management and beauty products.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand For Protein-Based Sports Nutrition
Demand for protein intake in sports nutrition has been witnessed with an increasing trend owing to its role in the body for growth, repair, and maintenance of body cells and tissues, such as muscle. Also, when supplement foods are used to boost protein intake, the ISSN recommended that milk-based proteins are superior to plant-based sources, thus boosting the whey protein market. In addition, protein from dairy, specifically the whey portion, appears to be absorbed faster, and elicit a faster muscle-protein-synthesis response than beef. Furthermore, the presence of high BCAA (Branched-Chain Amino Acids) content of natural protein to stimulate muscle protein synthesis in a dose-dependent manner according to NCBI has geared the marked. In addition, intensive research and development on the whey protein intake in sports nutrition will further boost the market growth in the forecasted period.
Whey Protein Isolates To Drive The Whey Protein Market
The escalated demand for protein from nutritional industries such as medical & clinical nutrition, infant nutrition, and sports nutrition and goods markets, are thus driving the whey protein isolates market. Also, other factors such as higher purity of whey isolate, with less carbs, lactose and fat; and lower cost as compared to the other whey protein types, are thus intensifying the whey protein isolates market. Thus, it is a common choice for people who need to maintain low body fat without getting their body muscles affected. This form of whey protein is basically popular among athletes, sportsperson, and people who are lactose intolerant.
The Australia Whey Protein Market is fragmented and competitive, owing to the presence of large regional and domestic players. Emphasis is given on the merger, expansion, acquisition and partnership of the companies along with new product development as strategic approaches adopted by the leading companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. Key players dominating the Australian whey protein market includes Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S, FrieslandCampina Ingredients, Glanbia plc, Lactalis Ingredients, Milkiland, AB "Rokiškio sūris", and Bulk Nutrients, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.