Asia Pacific Soy Protein Ingredients Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
Global Soy protein ingredients market is anticipated to grow to USD 10.19 Billion by 2020 with a CAGR OF 7.4%. Asia Pacific region is expected to register highest growth rate. Soy protein is derived from dehulled and defatted soymeal, which is left after oil extraction from soybeans.
Soy protein lends valuable functional characteristics in processing systems. Soy ingredients help retrain moisture and flavour, act as emulsifiers and help imparting texture to many foods like meats, peanut butter, frozen desserts, and cheese. Moreover Soy proteins are believed to have excellent health benefits, they are cholesterol free, lactose free and contains a complete profile of essential amino acids. Soy proteins are high on digestibility and have protein equivalent to milk, meat, and eggs.
The growing population in Asia Pacific presents huge opportunity in the form of a large consumer base which is adopting to a healthier lifestyle. Increased sources of information are aiding in spreading awareness about health benefits of Soya which is resulting in speedy adoption of Soy ingredients in their day to day life. A huge population in Asia is vegetarian on account of religious belief and therefore seeks quality plant sources of protein to compensate in the diet. Additionally the growing sports and nutrition and food and beverage sector in the Asia Pacific region has also increased demand for soy protein ingredients. Moreover, a large population in this region is lactose intolerant, non-milk based ingredients, and products possess huge potential in this market. The soy protein market faces few challenges due to it anti nutritional components and risk to allergies, however ongoing research is anticipated to overcome this.
This market can be broadly segmented by type into Soy concentrate, Soy isolate, Soy flour. These find application in various industries like i.e Bakery and confectionery, Meat alternatives, Functional foods, Dairy Replacement, Infant foods. Soy are increasingly used by the supplement industry, in capsules and tablets, as well as by the functional foods industry for manufacturing bars, bread, breakfast cereals, dairy products, and beverages.
In Asia Pacific, China is the largest market for Soy protein. Major countries for Soy protein market are China, Japan, India and Australia. China and India are regions of increasing growth. The growing population and disposable incomes have made this region an area of immense potential and opportunities.
Increasing health claims and acknowledgement by forums and government bodies is making soy protein increasingly popular in the market. The major companies dominating the Asia Pacific market are ADM, Cargill, Dupont, CHS, Kerry group, Linyi Shansong Biologicals Products Co. Ltd Soy products, Sonic Biochem Extractions Ltd. Protein
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Asia Pacific Soy Protein Ingredient Market, with country specific assessments and competition analysis.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia Pacific Soy protein Ingredient market
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook