Asia-Pacific Molecular Sieves Market - Segmented by Shape, by Size, by Product, by End-User Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The Asia-Pacific molecular sieve market is estimated to be the fastest growing in the global market during the forecast period. In the Asia-Pacific region, India registered the highest CAGR during the forecast period, due to a rapid growth in industrialization and foreign investment.
Rising Awareness for Treatment of Hazardous Organic Materials in Wastewater
Wastewater treatment has become an extremely challenging issue in the recent times due to its necessity in the industrial and residential purposes. Various organic compounds, such as pesticides, PCBs, herbicides, phenols, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), aliphatic, and heterocyclic compounds get included in the wastewater, hence, affecting industrial and agriculture production and living beings. High quantity of these wastes consumes the available oxygen in water and even damages the aquatic ecological system. Zeolites are the best-known adsorbents, as the activated carbon is a matter of high-regeneration and production costs. Zeolites are made up of either natural or synthetic hydrated alumino silicate minerals, which essentially contain both alkali earth and alkaline metals. Zeolites can be used to remove dyes, inks, and other organic wastes from the wastewater. The growing need for the treatment of used water for reuse is driving the molecular sieve market in the region.
Pelleted Shape Sieves to Drive the Demand
Pellets are cylindrically formed products with controlled diameters (for ex: 1/16 or 1/8). Pellets are also produced through extrusion process. The use of the pelleted forms of molecular sieve depends on the application. Pellets can be of different shapes, like cylindrical, tri-lobe or quadri-lobe. Consumers decide the shape of pellets based on their process, equipment, and lost wastage of molecular sieve. With the increasing demand for pelleted molecular sieves from various end-user industries, the molecular sieve market is projected to grow during the forecast period.
China to Lead the Market
The Chinese molecular sieve market is expected to reach USD 401.81 million by 2023, likely to witness an estimated CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
China is estimated to be one of the fastest growing markets for molecular sieves, despite its current financial turbulence. China is the major producer as well as consumer of molecular sieves. It has abundant reserves of zeolites and other natural resources required to produce silica gel and alumina. Petroleum refining and petrochemicals are the major industrial users of molecular sieves in the country, accounting for 28% of the total molecular sieves market. The reason for the rapid growth of the air purification market is the huge increase in air pollution in the country due to fossil fuel burning and toxic chemical release. With the growing refining activities in the country, the market for molecular sieves will likely continue to grow in the near future.
Key Developments in the market
- November 2017: Clariant China signed a MOU with Shanghai University to embark on long-term exchange and collaboration on R&D.
Major Players: UOP (HONEYWELL), CECA (ARKEMA GROUP), ZEOCHEM, GRACE, TOSOH CORPORATION amongst others.Reasons to Purchase this Report
- How the growing awareness for water treatment will drive the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which product type and end-user industry is expected to dominate the market
- Which country is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Research Phases
- 1.2 Study Deliverables
- 1.3 Scope of the Report
- 2. Executive Summary
- 3. Market Insights
- 3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
- 3.2.5 Degree of Competition
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Low Crude Oil Prices
- 4.1.2 Rising Awareness for Treatment of Hazardous Organic Materials in Wastewater
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Threat from Chemical Composites, Enzymes and Other Substitutes
- 4.3 Opportunities
- 4.3.1 FDA Approval for Usage in Consumable Items
- 4.3.2 Development of Anti-microbial Zeolite Molecular Sieves
- 5. Market Segmentation and Analysis - (Market size, Growth, and forecast)
- 5.1 By Shape
- 5.1.1 Pelleted
- 5.1.2 Beaded
- 5.1.3 Powdered
- 5.2 By Size
- 5.2.1 Microporous
- 5.2.2 Mesoporous
- 5.2.3 Macroporous
- 5.3 By Product Type
- 5.3.1 Carbon
- 5.3.2 Clay
- 5.3.3 Porous Glass
- 5.3.4 Silica Gel
- 5.3.5 Zeolite
- 5.3.6 Others
- 5.4 By End-user
- 5.4.1 Automotive Industry
- 5.4.2 Cosmetics & Detergents Industry
- 5.4.3 Oil and Gas (includes Industrial Gas production, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals, and Plastics & Polymers Industry)
- 5.4.4 Pharmaceutical Industry
- 5.4.5 Waste & Water Treatment
- 5.4.6 Others (includes Agricultural Products, Air Purification, Heating & Refrigeration Industry, and Nuclear Industry)
- 6. Regional Market Analysis – (Market size, Growth, and forecast)
- 6.1 Asia-Pacific
- 6.1.1 China
- 6.1.2 India
- 6.1.3 Japan
- 6.1.4 Australia
- 6.1.5 Rest of APAC
- 7. Future of the Market
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 8.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments)
- 9.1 Arkema Group
- 9.2 Axens
- 9.3 BASF SE
- 9.4 Bete Ceramics Co. Ltd.
- 9.5 Cabot Corp.
- 9.6 Calgon Carbon Corp.
- 9.7 CarboTech AC GmbH
- 9.8 Clariant
- 9.9 Dalian Adsorbent. Co. Ltd
- 9.10 Dessica Chemicals
- 9.11 Grace & Co.
- 9.12 Graver Technologies
- 9.13 Honeywell International Inc.
- 9.14 Shanghai Jiuzhou Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- 9.15 Luoyang Jianlong Micro-Nano New Mater
- 9.16 Merck & Co. Inc.
- 9.17 Shanghai Hengye Molecular Sieve Co. Ltd
- 9.18 Solvay Chemicals
- 9.19 Sorbead India
- 9.20 Tosoh Corp.
- 9.21 Union Showa KK
- 9.22 Zeolyst International
- 9.23 Blue Pacific Minerals
- 9.24 Alfa Aesar
- *List Not Exhaustive
- 10. Disclaimer
- **Subject to Feasibility & Availability on Public Domain