Asia-Pacific Dairy Protein Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
Dairy protein has been a significant market for the Asia-Pacific region and the demand of dairy products is expected to grow, driven by rising populations, greater wealth and increasing consumption .The Asia-Pacific dairy protein market is expected to grow at a rapid rate registering a CAGR of 15.1%, and will play a major role in the global market growth during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
Rising population, urbanization and increasing demand for dairy products in food consumption is expected to increase the overall demand for diary proteins in Asia-Pacific. Urbanization in the world crossed the 50% mark in 2009. According to the United Nations, urban population is expected to increase from 3.4 billion in 2009 to 6.3 billion in 2050. Increased disposable income is another driving factor in developing countries responsible for the dairy protein market growth. The average household income in India has increased from USD 1,164.8 billion in 2011 to USD 1,308.8 billion in 2012. Increasing innovations in the industry help drive down the cost of production and to incorporate additional benefits to the products. This also acts as an important driver for the dairy protein market. However, dairy protein ingredient penetration in Asia-Pacific is difficult, as the consumption of whole dairy is significant and diversion of raw material for the manufacture of protein is not possible. At the same time, the lactose intolerance ratio is comparatively quite high in developing countries. Hence, such factors restrain the growth of the dairy protein market.
Dairy protein segments based on ingredients, such as milk protein concentrates & milk protein isolates have high growth prospects due to increasing sports activities in the region. More so because, they work great as sports supplements. Whey proteins contain glutamine, which help replenish muscle glycogen and prevent decline in immune function from overtraining. It also contains high levels of arginine and lysine that stimulate growth hormone release and an increase in muscle mass. Thus, the growth of whey protein in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
The applications based dairy protein segmentation consists of infant products, personal care & health sector, food & beverages, and animal feed. However, the food and beverage industry is flourishing since the past few years, and it is expected to grow due to innovations and research on new products. The major countries for the dairy protein market consists of India, China, Japan, and Australia, owing to major sports events and growing population.
- February 2018 - New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra has announced a partnership with its fellow milk processor The A2 Milk Company (a2) in a deal likely to make A2 milk more widely available.
- January 2018 - Glanbia Nutritionals expanded its protein powder capabilities with the launch of BevEdge Whey protein, a pre acidified whey protein isolate that allows for berry and citrus flavored protein drink mixes.
- November 2017 - Fonterra Cooperative Group bought into Oregon-based whey protein concentrate and lactose manufacturer Columbia River Technologies in a bid to secure its US-sourcing network.
Major players - DAIRICONCEPTS, DARIGOLDS, DEVONDALE MURRAY GOULBURN CO-OPERATIVE, ERIE FOODS INC., FONTERRA, GLANBIA, GRASSLAND, IDAHO MILK, MILK SPECIALTIES INC., THEO MÜLLER, among others. Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Research methodology
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 2. Key Findings
- 3. Market Overview
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Market Dynamics
- 3.3 Drivers
- 3.3.1 The mainstreaming of less meat centric diets
- 3.3.2 The need for weight management and satiety
- 3.3.3 The rise in demand for exercise and performance nutrition
- 3.3.4 The awareness for Healthy aging
- 3.4 Restraints
- 3.4.1 Increasing number of dairy intolerance and milk allergy cases
- 3.4.2 Limited public understanding of the potential benefits of higher protein levels
- 3.4.3 Availability of alternatives such as plant proteins
- 3.5 Opportunities
- 3.5.1 Increasing demand from emerging countries
- 3.6 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 3.6.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
- 3.6.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
- 3.6.3 Degree of Competition
- 3.6.4 Threat of Substitution
- 3.6.5 Threat of new entrants
- 4. Market Segmentation
- 4.1 Dairy protein Market, by ingredients
- 4.1.1 Milk Protein Concentrates (MPCs)
- 4.1.2 Whey Protein Concentrates (WPCs)
- 4.1.3 Whey Protein Isolates (WPIs)
- 4.1.4 Milk Protein Isolates (MPIs)
- 4.1.5 Casein and Caseinates
- 4.1.6 Others
- 4.2 Dairy protein Market, By Application
- 4.2.1 Foods & Beverages
- 4.2.2 Infant formulations
- 4.2.3 Personal care & cosmetics
- 4.2.4 Animal Feed
- 4.2.5 Others
- 4.3 Dairy protein Market, By Region
- 4.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Australia
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5. Competitive Landscape Overview
- 5.1 Market Share Analysis
- 5.2 Strategies by leading players
- 5.3 New Product Developments &Other Innovations
- 6. Company Profiles
- 6.1 Dairiconcepts
- 6.3 Devondale Murray Goulburn Co-Operative
- 6.4 Erie Foods Inc.
- 6.5 Fonterra
- 6.6 Glanbia
- 6.7 Grassland
- 6.8 Idaho Milk
- 6.9 Milk Specialties Inc.
- 6.10 Theo Müller
- 7. Appendix
- 7.1 Disclaimer