Asia-Pacifics battery market is expected to grow significantly in the coming decade as a result of increased electrification activities in the region. Countries like Japan, China, South Korea are leading the market in the region and Countries such as India, Australia have shown tremendous growth in the past few years. Global battery market is expanding. The growth is coming from both automotive and industrial sectors powered by usage in telecom, railways, power and other industrial applications.
Although the OEMs prefer branded batteries, the unorganized players are predominant in the replacement market. Unorganized players price batteries at about 20-25 per cent lower than a branded battery. The unorganized battery makers cater primarily to the commercial vehicles segment, which is less quality sensitive but cost sensitive. The market share of the unorganized battery manufacturers is expected to reduce with the growing awareness among users of inferior quality batteries, implementation of policies across the countries, various initiatives taken by organized battery manufacturers.
Batteries are divided in to two categories, primary and secondary. Primary batteries are used once, and then discarded. They have the advantage of convenience and cost less per battery, with the down side of costing more over the long term. Generally, primary batteries have a higher capacity and initial voltage than rechargeable batteries, and a sloping discharge curve. Most primary batteries do not presently require special disposal.
Secondary batteries are the rechargeable batteries. They have the advantage of being more cost-efficient over the long term, although individual batteries are more expensive. Generally, secondary batteries have a lower capacity and initial voltage, a flat discharge curve, higher self discharge rates and varying recharge life ratings. Secondary batteries usually have more active (less stable) chemistries which need special handling, containment and disposal. Ni-Cd and small-size lead acid batteries require special disposal and should not be simply thrown away.
What the Report Offers
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific battery Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific battery Market market on both global and regional scale.
6.A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.