Aluminium Caps and Closures Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The aluminum caps and closures market was valued at USD 11.1 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 14.1 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 3.97% during the period of 2020-2025. Aluminum's ability to form any shape and its protective qualities have made it one of the most versatile packaging materials globally.
- Moreover, the increasing demand for packaged products is anticipated to augment the steady momentum of the aluminum caps and closures market, globally.
- Further, the usage of aluminum closure in the wine industry is becoming predominant, as the aluminum screw cap provides better insulation to the wine from oxygen, and aluminum caps have cost benefits as compared to cork.
- Many industries, such as cosmetics and chemicals, are expected to increase the adoption of aluminum packaging owing to its lightweight, strong, durable, and significant barrier properties.
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceutical Sector is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry is expected to have a persistently sturdy growth rate, with increasing demand in several regions, like North America and Europe, owing to the stringent regulatory environments in these regions. Anti-counterfeit and tamper-proof packaging innovations are expected to drive the demand for aluminum caps and closures in the market.
- The adoption of aluminum closures in the pharmaceutical industry is on the rise, as its rubber counterparts tend to contaminate the drugs. Moreover, aluminum closures create a highly effective barrier without affecting the product’s taste and smell.
- For instance, in January 2018, Maty’s pharmaceutical packaging replaced its box syrup (liquid dose) with PET containers and distinguished its cough syrups of plastic caps with metal aluminum caps.
- Owing to the growing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly packaging in several retail markets, especially in North America and Europe, several vendors are increasingly investing in aluminum packaging products. In case of food and beverage manufacturers, it is observed that companies are making use of eco-friendly packaging as a key marketing strategy, creating considerable opportunities for aluminum packaging components in the sector.
North America is Expected to Hold a Major Share
- · The North American region is expected to have a significant market share, which is home to many companies, such as Reynold Group Holding Limited, Silgan Holding, the Cary Company, O.Berk Company, and Crown Holding, among others.
- · Moreover, the food and beverage industry is one of the major consumers of the aluminum caps and closures market in the region. Aluminum caps or closures are also used for the storage of food products, such as grains, typically stored in glass containers.
- · According to Banco do Nordeste, in 2019, the consumption of alcoholic beverages in the United States was 30.53 billion liters. Also, according to StatsCan, in 2018, the spirit sale in Canada was CND 5.49 billion. Most alcoholic beverages use aluminum enclosures for packing, which is expected to drive the demand for aluminum caps and closures in the region.
- · However, the Asia-Pacific region, which consists of countries, such as China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia, among other countries, is expected to be fastest-growing market.
The aluminum caps and closures market is highly fragmented and competitive due to the presence of international vendors. Some of the key players of this market are Pelliconi & C. SpA, O.Berk Company, and Reynolds Packaging Group Ltd, among others. Intense competition prevails in the market in terms of product differentiation, portfolio, and pricing.
- In 2019, Amcor launched Easypeel capsule that uses a one-piece aluminum capsule, which is engineered to open wine bottles along a clean line. Unlike other technologies that rely on pull tabs, EASYPEEL allows consumers and professionals to use traditional bottle openers.
- In May 2019, Guala Closures won the Alufoil Trophy 2019 for its e-WAK technology; the e-WAK from Guala Closures is the first NFC aluminum closure. The e-WAK is a new smart technology that allows every bottle of wine to become a connected bottle.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Recyclability of the Products
- 5.1.2 Superior Properties compared to other Closures Materials
- 5.2 Market Restraint s
- 5.2.1 High Adoption of Other Types of Closure Materials
- 6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By Application
- 6.1.1 Beverages
- 6.1.2 Pharmaceutical
- 6.1.3 Food
- 6.1.4 Cosmetics
- 6.1.5 Other Applications
- 6.2 By Geography
- 6.2.1 North America
- 6.2.2 Europe
- 6.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.2.4 Latin America
- 6.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Key Vendor Profiles
- 7.1.1 Amcor PLC
- 7.1.2 O.Berk Company
- 7.1.3 Reynolds Packaging Group Ltd Closure Systems International Inc. (CSI)
- 7.1.4 Pelliconi & C. SpA
- 7.1.5 Nippon Closures Co. Ltd
- 7.1.6 Silgan Closures GmbH
- 7.1.7 SKS Bottle & Packaging Inc.
- 7.1.8 Berlin Packaging (Qorpak)
- 7.1.9 Tecnocap Group
- 7.1.10 The Cary Company
- 7.1.11 Guala Closures SpA
- 7.1.12 Herti JSC
- 7.1.13 Federfintech
- 7.1.14 Alutop
- 7.1.15 RPC Group (PET Power)
- 7.1.16 Hicap Closures Co. Ltd
- 7.1.17 Easy Open Lid Industry Corp. Yiwu
- 7.1.18 Shadong Lipeng Co. Ltd
- 7.1.19 Rauh GmbH & Co. Blechwarenfabrikations-KG
- 8 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET