Analysis of Agriculture Sector in Iran - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2019 - 2024)
The Iran agriculture sector projected to register a CAGR of 3.80% during the forecast period 2019-2024.
- The lift of international nuclear-related sanction against Iran in 2016 has opened a vast business opportunity for many companies across various sectors in the country including the agriculture sector. Most of the agricultural activities in Iran are carried out by farmers and agricultural companies.
- Government is supporting the development of the agriculture sector to meet the local demand and agricultural exports as well. The government of Iran is planning to increase the area under greenhouse cultivation to 48,000 hectares by 2027. This will boost the production of fruits and vegetables which would result in an incline in the overall agricultural export.
Scope of the Report
Analysis of the Agriculture Sector in Iran report gives a complete idea about the agriculture sector in the country. This report is segmented by crop types, such as food crop, cash crop, and fruits & vegetables, and livestock.
Key Market Trends
Increasing area under Pistachio and Wheat
Wheat and Pistachio are one of the major crops produced in the country. Wheat is majorly grown for domestic consumption, whereas pistachios are grown for the export market. Pistachio is one of the major exports by Iran following crude oil export. According to FAO, the area under the cultivation of pistachio has increased to 429,535 thousand hectares in 2017 from 378,181 hectares in 2016. Similarly, the area under wheat cultivation in the country has also witnessed growth in the same period, indicating the growth in the agricultural sector of the country.
Growing seafood indsutry
Caspian sea, southern seas, freshwater, and aquaculture are the major sources of seafood production. According to Iran Fisheries Organization, Iran seafood, Iran exported 68,000 tons of seafood worth USD 228.0 million in eight months i.e., 21st November in 2018, which is 26% and 41% more in weight and value respectively compared to the corresponding period in the previous year. Iran Fisheries Organisation has released 350 million juvenile fish in order to preserve the fish reserve of the country. The Iranian government is planning to increase the production of seafood to 800,000 tons of fish in farms by 2022, out of which cage farming will hold 25% of the total production, whereas rest of the production would comprise warm and cold-water fish, shrimps and sturgeons.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.