Travel and Tourism - Hong Kong - February 2016
This report looks at the following areas:
What is the current state of tourism in Hong Kong?
Which are the main inbound source markets and which markets are growing?
How will investments in the accommodation sector benefit tourism?
What is the major issue that affects the future for Hong Kong tourism?
- HONG KONG: KEY FACTS
- DATA SOURCES
- TOURISM AND THE ECONOMY
- Figure 1: International tourist expenditure, 2010-14
- Figure 2: International tourist expenditure, January-June 2014 vs January-June 2015
- Figure 3: Overnight tourist spending patterns, 2013-14
- Figure 4: International tourist arrivals, by region, 2010-14
- Figure 5: International tourist arrivals, January-September 2014 vs 2015
- Figure 6: International tourist arrivals, by top 10 source countries, 2013-14
- MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- Purpose of visit
- Figure 7: International tourist arrivals, by purpose of visit, 2013-14
- Figure 8: Percentage distribution of all tourist & visitor arrivals, by month, 2013-14
- Length of stay
- Figure 9: International tourists’ average length of stay (nights), 2013-14
- Figure 10: International tourist arrivals, by mode of transport, 2012-14
- Figure 11: Airline capacity statistics, 2014
- Figure 12: Cruise passenger arrivals, by region of residence, 2010-14
- Figure 13: Hotel room & bed stock statistics, 2010-14
- Figure 14: Monthly hotel occupancy rates, 2013-14
- TOURISM NEWS
- HKTB AGGRESSIVELY PROMOTING TO INTERNATIONAL MARKETS
- GROWTH OF CHINESE LCCS MAY STIMULATE SHORT-HAUL TRIPS
- WHAT NEXT?
- CHALLENGE TO REDUCE RELIANCE ON CHINESE VISITORS
- FORECASTS FOR HONG KONG TOURISM
- Figure 15: Forecast of tourist arrivals to Hong Kong, 2010-20
- INDEX TO TRAVEL & TOURISM ANALYST
- Index grouped by geographic area
- INDEX TO TTI DESTINATION REPORTS
- Country reports
- SPECIAL REPORTS INDEX