Travel and Tourism - Belize - May 2015
“Belize’s reputation as an undiscovered gem in the Caribbean Sea is gradually reaching an increasing number of visitors drawn in by spectacular, ancient Maya ruins, fantastic coral reefs that rival the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and picture-postcard beaches with sparkling turquoise waters. Major tourism stakeholders are aiming for Belize to be one of the first choices among world-class destinations.”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
What is the current state of tourism in Belize?
Which are the main source countries for inbound travel to Belize and how long do they stay?
What is the situation for the cruise industry in Belize?
How do land-based visitors enter Belize and where do they stay?
What does the future of tourism look like in Belize?
- BELIZE – KEY FACTS
- DATA SOURCES
- TOURISM AND THE ECONOMY
- Figure 1: International visitor arrivals & expenditure, 2010-14
- Figure 2: International visitor arrivals by key source markets, 2010-14
- MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- Purpose of visit
- Figure 3: International arrivals by purpose of visit, 2009-13
- Figure 4: International visitor arrivals by month, 2013-14
- Length of stay
- Figure 5: Average length of stay, 2009-13
- Figure 6: International arrivals by mode of transport, 2009-13
- Figure 7: International passenger & aircraft movements, 2010-13
- Figure 8: Cruise passenger arrivals in Belize, 2011-14
- Figure 9: Tourist accommodation in Belize by units, rooms & bedspaces, 2009-13
- Figure 10: Accommodation stock* by region, 2011**
- TOURISM NEWS
- BTB ACTION PLAN 2013-2015
- BELIZE SCOOPS TRIPADVISOR TRAVELLERS’ AWARDS
- WHAT NEXT?
- INDEX TO TRAVEL & TOURISM ANALYST
- Index grouped by geographic area
- INDEX TO TTI DESTINATION REPORTS
- Country reports
- SPECIAL REPORTS INDEX