Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Teleoperation, Telerobotics, and supporting ICT Infrastructure 2018 – 2023 Package Bundle
The future of Consumer, Enterprise, and Industrial products and services will be Virtual, Artificial, and Automated. Virtual Reality (VR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Robotics represent three powerful trends in ICT that will impact everything from the design, production, distribution, and management of goods and services to the way fundamental manner in which humans work, play, and generally interact with the world.
The combination of fifth generation (5G) cellular, Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) and cloud technologies will provide substantial capacity, flexibility, functionality richness, and significantly faster response time. This will result in dramatically improved support for latency sensitive applications such as VR and other solutions that utilize immersive technologies such as Haptic Internet user interfaces.
The convergence of all of the above technologies, along with Teleoperation and Digital Twinning, will enable a level of control and flexibility previously unimaginable. The commercial expansion of Cloud Robotics offerings will democratize automation for enterprise, industrial, government, and consumer automation. Open platforms and APIs will enable robotics to be used on a more mass-market basis, untethered by proprietary networks, communications, and/or user interfaces.
• Virtual Reality (VR) represents an immersive technology that is poised for considerable global growth, providing abundant opportunities for service providers, content developers, and ecosystem component providers. VR and other immersive tech (such as Augmented Reality, Haptic Internet, and others) will be important to many industry verticals that leverage VR and mixed reality for a variety of enterprise purpose including internal operations, managing supply chains, and supporting customers.
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) is increasingly integrated in many areas including Internet search, entertainment, commerce applications, content optimization, and robotics. The long-term prospect for AI is that it will become embedded in many different other technologies and provide autonomous decision making on behalf of humans, both directly, and indirectly through many processes, products, and services.
• Robotics is broadly segmented into enterprise, industrial, government (including military), and consumer robotics. Major market segments that cross-over industries include Healthcare bots, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, and Autonomous Vehicles. Enterprise robotics includes use of robots for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer services and support. Functions include internal business operations and processes, delivery of goods and services, research, analytics, and other business specific applications.
• Teleoperation represents the ability to operate equipment or a machine from a distance. A specific form of teleoperation involving remote control of a robot from a distance is referred to as telerobotics. Teleoperation and telerobotics are both supported by ICT infrastructure including broadband communications, sensors, machine to machine (M2M) communications, and various Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. Enhancements in wireless broadband are untethering teleoperation. Prior to 5G and Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), Teleoperation is largely relegated to fixed communications connections. 5G and MEC will enable Teleoperation anywhere there is 5G coverage, enabling many new consumer and industrial automation scenarios involving robotics.
This represents the most comprehensive research offering available, consisting of the following:
Virtual Reality Research
This VR research provides an in-depth assessment of the VR market including analysis of VR ecosystem and role of value chain partners, assessment of key VR companies and solutions, and analysis of emerging business models and evolution of VR monetization. It also evaluates the VR component (devices, software, hardware, and platforms) market as well as analysis of key VR growth drivers, market challenges, and emerging opportunities.
Artificial Intelligence Research
This AI research assesses the AI ecosystem, technologies, solutions and market outlook. Key industry verticals covered include use of AI in Internet related services and products, Financial Services, Medical and Bio-informatics, Manufacturing, and Telecommunications. Some of the key application areas covered include Marketing and Business Decision Making, Workplace Automation, Predictive Analysis and Forecast, Fraud Detection and Classification.
This AI research also evaluates various AI technologies and their use relative to analytics solutions within the rapidly growing enterprise data arena. It also assesses emerging business models, leading companies, and solutions. The research also analyzes how human-oriented and machine generated data will drive substantial opportunities for AI support of unstructured data analytics solutions. It also provides forecasting for unit growth and revenue from 2018 – 2023 associated with AI supported predictive analytics solutions.
This robotics research assesses the global and regional robotics marketplace including the technologies, companies, and solutions for robots in the Industrial, Enterprise, Military, and Consumer segments. The report includes detailed forecasts for robotics by robot type, components, capabilities, solutions, and connectivity for 2018 – 2023. This research evaluates the ecosystem, players, technologies and solutions for Cloud Robotics. It also evaluates the current state of technologies and assesses the future outlook of integrated teleoperation, robotics, cloud systems and solutions.
This robotics research also covers all major robot types such as stationary, wheeled, and legged robots. This research evaluates the ecosystem, players, technologies and solutions for Cloud Robotics. The report evaluates the current state of technologies and assesses the future outlook of integrated teleoperation, robotics, cloud systems and solutions. The report covers all major robot types such as stationary, wheeled, and legged robots.
In addition this research evaluates the emerging role of Teleoperation and Telerobotics in the era of Industry 4.0. The report analyzes the impact of Teleoperation and Telerobotics solutions in different industry verticals and technology sectors. The report also provides market forecasts for IIoT Teleoperation and Telerobotics systems, services, and solutions. The report also evaluates the role of Digital Twin technology in teleoperation and telerobotics.
Supporting ICT Infrastructure: 5G and Mobile Edge Computing
This research provides an in-depth assessment of both technical issues (enabling technologies, 5G standardization and research initiatives, spectrum bands, etc.) and business areas (market drivers, challenges, use cases, vertical market applications, regulatory issues, trial commitments, introduction strategies, and impact to CSPs), as well as analysis of the emerging 5G ecosystem. The report includes specific ecosystem constituent recommendations and forecasts for both 5G investments, subscriptions, and more for the period of 2018 – 2030.
This research evaluates enabling technologies and the market outlook for 5G Network slicing. The report provides analysis of the market opportunities including Configuration Management, Performance Management, Service Level Agreements, and more. The report also includes 5G Network Slicing by specific use cases such as Smart Manufacturing, which includes Remote Monitoring, Supply Chain Management, Asset Management, Real-Time Monitoring, and Network Monitoring. In addition, the report provides an assessment of major segments such as 5G Network Slicing in consumer, enterprise, and industrial IoT. The report includes global forecasts for each area covered as well as regional estimates for 5G Network Slicing by Segment, RF Band, Application, and Industry Vertical through 2025.
This research also evaluates the emerging Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) service environment, which will facilitate a seamless access experience, dramatically lower latency, and improve capacity optimization for content, services, and applications. This includes analysis of MEC technology, architecture and building blocks, ecosystem, market drivers, applications, solutions, and deployment challenges. The report also analyzes MEC industry initiatives, leading companies, and solutions. It includes a market assessment and forecast for MEC users/devices within CSP networks and MEC revenue globally, regionally, and within the enterprise market for years 2018 – 2023.
• Virtual Reality companies
• Data and Analytics companies
• Artificial Intelligence companies
• Robotics and Automation companies
• NGOs and Government R&D organizations
Select Research Findings:
• Global Cloud Robotics Market will reach $16.1 billion USD by 2023
• Stationary, Wheeled, and Legged will be top three robot types respectively
• Introduction of 5G and Edge computing to provide substantial boost to access and usability
• Robot Platform as a Service (PaaS) will be the most successful Robot as a Service model through 2023
• Following core robot parts (such as motors and wheels), internal computers is next largest component
• Non-cellular wireless and fixed access remains highest connectivity methods through the research study period