Telecom Network APIs capitalize on existing network infrastructure to create a vast array of business opportunities for carriers worldwide. In essence, these APIs allow carriers to disseminate a wealth of internal information or resources to third parties. This could entail everything from network QoS for video service delivery to Subscriber Data Management (SDM) for advertising and profiling, the goal being to enable third party developers to offer services in return for revenues.
Today nearly 9 % of all Web and 5 % of all mobile applications utilize APIs. This figure is expected to increase to over 68 % by the end of 2016, driven by growing investments from the vendor, developer and the carrier community. As a consequence, the Telecom Network APIs market is expected to account for nearly $ 75 Billion in global revenues worldwide by 2016, growing at a CAGR of 37 % between 2012 and 2016.
This report provides an in-depth assessment of the global Telecom Network APIs market, including business models, value chain analysis, operator and vendor strategies and a quantitative assessment of the industry from 2012 till 2016.
This report addresses the following key topics:
- The Business Case for Telecom Network APIs: An assessment of the business case for Telecom Network APIs
- API Aggregation: The role of API Aggregators, the total cost usage for APIs with aggregation and a review of aggregator API usage by category.
- Value Chain and Telco Operator APIs Usage: An analysis of the value chain of telecom operator API usage for services including an assessment of revenue across participants in the value chain from end users, developers, aggregators to the API owners, and how this economic model will change over time.
- Network Operator, Application Provider & Vendor Strategies: An analysis of how operators, application providers and vendors will position themselves to capitalize on network APIs
- Telecom and Non-Telecom Network API Analysis: Evaluation of major Telecom network, Non-Telecom Network APIs, API “Mashups” globally, and an assessment of which APIs will lead the market in the future.
- Market Analysis and Forecasts: A global and regional assessment of the market size and forecasts for the Telecom Network API market from 2012 to 2016
Companies in Report:
- The Mobile Networks API market will grow at a CAGR of 37 % between 2012 and 2016, eventually accounting for $ 75 Billion in global revenue by the end of 2016
- In terms of regional revenue split, the North America and Western Europe region will remain to be the largest market segments by the end of 2016, while the Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa regions will see the healthiest growth rates over the next four years.
- In terms of individual API categories, the Subscriber Data Management (SDM) category will witness the fastest growth rate and will eventually account for $ 6.8 Billion in global revenue by the end of 2016
- The average volume of API transactions for a Tier 1 wireless carrier will significantly increment over the next four years eventually reaching 94 Billion transactions a month on average.
- Alcatel Lucent
- America Movil
- France Telecom (Orange)
- Gilt Groupe
- Korea Telecom
- Mox eHealth
- Salesforece.com inc
- Verizon Wireless
- Wholesale Application Community
- API Aggregators
- Investment Firms
- Application Developers
- Mobile Device Vendors
- Mobile Network Carriers
- Service Bureau Companies
- Wireless Infrastructure Vendors
- Telecom Managed Service Providers
Mind Commerce Publishing's research methodology encompasses input from a wide variety of sources.
We rely heavily upon our Subject Matter Experts (SME) in terms of their market knowledge, unique perspective, and vision. We utilize SME industry contacts as well as previous customers and participants in our market surveys and interactive interviews.
In addition, we rely upon our extensive internal database, which contains modeling, qualitative analysis, and quantitative data. We review secondary sources and compare to our primary sources to update previous findings (for prior version reports) and/or compile baseline information for technology and market modeling.
We share preliminary models with industry contacts (select previous clients, experts, and thought leaders) to verify the veracity of initial modeling. Prior to final report production (analysis, findings, and conclusions), we engage in an internal review with internal SMEs as well as cross-expertise, senior staff members to challenge results.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of an integrated process which involves both quantitative as well as qualitative factors. We follow the following 3-step process for forecasting.
Step 1 - Forecasts Input:
The inputs for the present and historical revenues are derived from industry players. Financial and other quantitative data for individual sub-market categories are derived from original research and tested with interviews with major industry constituents.
Step 2 - Forecasting of Future Years:
Mind Commerce extends forecasts based on a variety of factors including demand drivers as well as supply side data. Key success factors and assumptions are considered.
Step 3 - Validation of Data:
The final step is to validate projections, which is accomplished in consultation with both internal and external industry experts, including both topic and regional experts. Adjustments are made to the forecasts based on factors identified throughout this process.