Smart Machines in Enterprise and Industrial IoT: Market Outlook and Forecasts 2018 - 2023
Smart Machines collectively represent intelligent devices, machinery, equipment, and embedded automation software that perform repetitive tasks and solve complex problem autonomously. Along with Artificial Intelligence, IoT connectivity, and M2M communications, Smart Machines are a key component of Smart Systems, which include many emerging technologies such as Smart Dust, Neuro Computing, and advanced robotics.
The drivers for enterprise and industrial adoption of Smart Machines include improvements in the Smart Workplace, Smart Data Discovery, Cognitive Automation, and more. Currently conceived Smart Machine products include autonomous robots (such as service robots), self-driving vehicles, expert systems (such as medical decision support systems), medical robots, intelligent assistants (such as automated online assistants), virtual private assistants (Siri, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, etc.), embedded software systems (such as machine monitoring and control systems), neurocomputers (such as purpose-built intelligent machines), and smart wearable devices.
This research evaluates the Smart Machine ecosystem including technology building blocks, leading company strategies, products and services. The report evaluates various Smart Machine solutions, products, and services including Autonomous Robots, Expert Systems, Intelligent Assistants, Neurocomputers, and Wearable Devices. This report also evaluates the Hardware, Embedded Software, and Related Services for Smart Machines. The report also assesses the market for Smart Machines in many industry verticals including Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Banking, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Industrial Automation, Security, Transportation and Logistics.
• The global Smart Machine market will approach $22.6B by 2023
• The APAC region will lead with highest overall Smart Machine market share
• The healthcare market represents the largest global revenue opportunity through 2023
• Key technology enablement markets will be Autonomous Vehicles, Drones, and Smart Robots
• The fastest growing Smart Machine technology area Neuro-computing, will grow at 22.2% CAGR through 2023
• Smart System components, such as Micro and Nano Sensors and RF Equipment, will be largest areas by revenue
• Smart Machines and Smart Systems will benefit greatly from low latency and localized processing via 5G and MEC
• Systems Integration Companies
• Communications Services Providers
• Automation and Robotics Companies
• Artificial Intelligence Solution Providers
• Industrial Automation Solution Providers
• Research and Development Organizations
Companies in Report:
• ABB Ltd.
• Apple Inc.
• Axis Communications AB
• BAE Systems
• Baidu Inc.
• Cisco Systems
• Digital Reasoning Systems Inc.
• General Electric Co.
• Google Inc.
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
• Honeywell International Inc.
• IBM Corporation
• Koninklijke Philips N.V
• KUKA AG
• LG Electronics
• Microsoft Corporation
• Motion Controls Robotics Inc.
• Narrative Science Inc.
• NVIDIA Corporation
• Rethink Robotics
• Rockwell Automation Inc.
• Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
• SparkCognition Inc.