Connected Vehicle to Everything (V2X) Communications, Content, Applications, and Services 2018 - 2023
Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) communications is a very important aspect of connected vehicle solutions. While V2V communications is largely focused on public and personal safety, supporting technologies and solutions are rapidly evolving to encompass Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I), Vehicle-to-Device (V2D), and Vehicle-to-Pedestrian (V2P) signaling and communications. Furthermore, industry verticals other than the automobile sector are keenly interested in integration with non-vehicle industry vertical applications and services, which are realized through various Vehicle-to-Home (V2H), Vehicle-to-Device (V2D), and Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) solutions.
Collectively speaking, the term Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) encompasses all of the aforementioned technologies, use cases, applications, and services. For example, V2I technology allows connected cars to interact with surrounding infrastructure such as traffic signals, buildings, kiosks/billboards, parking lots, and even humans. It is important to understand that V2X technologies and solutions also provide a foundation upon which commercial services and applications will be developed and supported. Accordingly, Mind Commerce anticipates a wide range of communications, applications, commerce, and digital content services resulting from V2X.
V2X supports many different application types, content, and commerce. V2X apps include smart driver assisted navigation, information services, entertainment, and infotainment. Advanced V2X communications services include socially and location-aware direct communications on both a public access and closed user group basis. V2X enabled commerce includes advertising and marketing, shopping, and navigation to merchants and essential services. Many emerging use cases will benefit substantially from low-latency networks (5G) and edge computing. In the case of the latter, streaming data obtained from Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) platforms will enable real-time analytics for both services support and system optimization.
This report evaluates the V2X market including technologies, solutions, and major players. The report provides analysis of market challenges, opportunities, and overall business outlook. It analyzes the market for V2X across platforms (hardware, software, services), major automobile control units, and solution type. The report assesses the deployment of V2X across communications and computing infrastructure including LTE, 5G, and Mobile Edge Computing. The report also evaluates technology and solution convergence including Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and Cloud Computing in V2X. The report includes detailed forecasts for V2V, V2I, V2P, V2H, and V2D market from 2018 to 2023.
• Global V2X will grow at 17.4% CAGR from 2018 to 2023, reaching $62.7B USD by 2023
• One of the largest components, vehicle infotainment, will reach $25.7B globally by 2023
• The Vehicle to Pedestrian market is second largest component (after V2V) at $7.4B in 2023
• Vehicle to Cloud market is fastest growing infrastructure component with CAGR of 27.3% to 2023
• Big Data tools and advanced analytics support of V2X represents a $12B global opportunity by 2023
• 5G enabled infrastructure will account for over $4B in V2X system and solution market value by 2023
• Mobile network operators
• Automobile manufacturers
• Wireless device manufacturers
• Network infrastructure providers
• Application and content developers
• Telematics and IoT service providers
• AI and data analytics solution providers
Companies in Report:
• Fiat Chrysler
• Ford Motor Company
• General Motors