Wafer Cleaning Equipment Market by Equipment Type (Single-Wafer Spray Systems, Single-Wafer Cryogenic Systems, Batch Immersion Cleaning Systems, Batch Spray Cleaning Systems, and Scrubbers), Application, Wafer Size, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
“Wafer cleaning equipment market to exhibit significant growth between 2016 and 2022”
The wafer cleaning equipment market was valued at USD 3.25 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 5.03 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.2% between 2016 and 2022. The key driving factors for the growth of the market include rise in conventional applications of MEMS and expansion in number of cleaning steps in wafer manufacturing industry. On the other hand, the environmental concerns related to hazardous chemicals and gases generated during wafer cleaning process are restraining the wafer cleaning equipment market.
“Wafer cleaning equipment application in MEMS is expected to grow at rapid rate”
Wafer cleaning equipment is used widely in the micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) manufacturing industry. During handling and processing of wafers for manufacturing MEMS, many inorganic and organic impurities implanted to its surface which is to be cleaned thoroughly. To clean these impurities and contaminations wafer cleaning equipment are used before and after the manufacturing process.
“Batch spray cleaning systems to hold the largest share of the wafer cleaning equipment market during the forecast period”
Batch spray cleaning systems combine the ability of both batch immersion processing and single-wafer processing systems which gives it a cutting-edge advantage and ability to yield, process large batches with high throughput or small batches with short cycle times.
“APAC to grow at the highest rate in the wafer cleaning equipment market”
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022, owing to the increasing number of fabrication plants has increased the demand for wafer cleaning equipment in this region. The emergence of new technologies in Asia-Pacific has increased the demand for innovative and user-friendly smart devices. Taiwan, Japan, China, and South Korea hold a significant share of the wafer cleaning equipment market in the APAC region.
Breakdown of the profile of primary participants:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 - 55%, Tier 2 - 25%, and Tier 3 - 20%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives - 40%, Directors - 35%, and Others - 25%
• By Region: North America - 55%, APAC - 30%, and Europe - 15%
Major players operating in the wafer cleaning equipment market include SCREEN Holdings Co., Ltd. (Japan), Tokyo Electron Limited (Japan), Lam Research Corporation (U.S.), Shibaura Mechatronics Corporation (Japan), Applied Materials, Inc. (U.S.), SEMES Co. Ltd. (Korea), Modutek Corporation (U.S.), PVA TePla AG (Germany), Entegris, Inc. (U.S.), and Veeco Instruments Inc. (U.S.).
In this report, various segments such as equipment type, application, wafer size and geography have been covered. It also discusses about the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market. The report gives a detailed view of the market across four main regions: the Americas, Europe, and APAC. The Porter’s five forces analysis has been included in the report, along with the description of each of its forces and their impact on the said market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
• This report includes the market statistics pertaining to equipment type, application, wafer size and geography.
• The Porter’s five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the wafer cleaning equipment market.
• Major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the wafer cleaning equipment market have been detailed in this report.
• Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for markets based on equipment type, application, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the market.
• A detailed competitive landscape is given that includes key players, revenue of key players, and strategic developments, among others.