Venipuncture Procedure Analysis By Success Rate (Total Venipuncture, Successful Venipuncture), Vein Type (Cephalic Vein, Median Cubital Vein, Basilic Vein), End Users (Hospitals (Private), Diagnostic Labs, Physicians Offices) - Global Forecast to 2021
Venipuncture is the procedure of collecting blood from veins for diagnostic purposes. Procedures considered for the study only include venipuncture procedures used in blood sample collection for diagnostic purposes. Peripheral and central catheterizations for the administration of medications and catheterizations for hemodialysis have not been considered while studying the venipuncture procedures.
Venipuncture needle and syringes market is projected to reach USD 1,044.6 million by 2021 from USD 790.8 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period. The U.S. total venipuncture procedure volume contributed the largest share in 2016 and poised to grow at a CAGR of 1.8%.
This study covers the venipuncture procedures based on vein type (cephalic vein, median cubital vein, basilic vein, and other veins), success rate (total venipuncture and successful venipuncture), end user [hospitals (public and private), diagnostic laboratories, physicians’ offices, and other end users], and geographic countries (the U.S., the U.K., Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Italy, Benelux, Nordic Countries, Australia, Switzerland, and Austria).
Based on end user, the U.S. venipuncture procedures are classified into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, physician office laboratories, and others. The others segment includes home care, long-term acute care, and nursing homes. In 2016, the hospitals segment is expected to account for the largest share of the venipuncture procedures.
On the basis of vein type, the U.K. venipuncture procedures are classified into median cubital vein, cephalic vein, basilic vein, and other veins. The other veins segment includes great saphenous, femoral, scalp, subclavian, and metacarpal veins. In 2016, the median cubital vein segment is expected to account for the largest share of the venipuncture procedures.
Based on countries, the U.S. venipuncture procedures is expected to account for the largest share of the venipuncture procedures in 2016. Followed by the U.K., Germany, Canada, France, Canada, Spain, Italy, Benelux, Nordic Countries, Australia, Switzerland, and Austria.
• For the estimation of the total number of blood draws in the U.S., the bottom-up and top-down approaches were used
• Top-down Approach: The number of blood draws for each segment were determined through secondary research and added to reach the total number of blood draws in the U.S.
• Bottom-up Approach: The total number of blood draws in the U.S. was estimated through secondary research and further broken down into inpatient and outpatient blood draws
• All percentage shares, splits, and breakdowns were determined using secondary sources and verified through primary sources
• This entire procedure includes the study of health indicators for a country (population, incidence of infectious and lifestyle diseases, and healthcare expenditure, among others) and extensive interviews for key insights from industry leaders
Breakdown of Primaries:
For this study, the primaries are broken down based on type, region, and profession of the primary.
S.No. By Type Number of Primaries
1. Demand Side 41
2. Supply Side 7
3. Total 48
S.No. By Region Number of Primaries
1. U.S. 21
2. U.K. 16
3. Germany 11
4. Total 48
S.No. By Demand Side Profession Number of Primaries
1. Nurses 24
2. Phlebotomist 13
3. Others (Physicians, Doctors, and Medical Consultants) 4
4. Total 41
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report will enable both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help these firms garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned three strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the venipuncture procedures, vein type and its used among different end users.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on existing, upcoming technologies in venipuncture procedure.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about market opportunities across different geographies.