In-Vehicle Networking Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, LCV, HCV, and AGV), Connectivity Standards (CAN, LIN, FlexRay, RF, Ethernet, and MOST), Application, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
“Growing demand for advanced safety, convenience, and comfort systems drives the in-vehicle networking market”
The in-vehicle networking market size, in terms of value, is expected to grow from USD 838.6 million in 2015 to USD 1,366.0 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.32% between 2016 and 2022. The in-vehicle networking market size, in terms of volume, is expected to reach 1.38 billion units by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.14% between 2016 and 2022. More electronic systems are being utilized to provide better safety, comfort, and convenience in the automobiles which is the major driver for the in-vehicle networking market. Intense pricing pressure from low-end cars in the emerging market is expected to restrain the in-vehicle networking market.
“Telematics and Infotainment application to grow at the highest rate for in-vehicle networking in 2015”
The infotainment and telematics systems in today’s vehicles have multiple capabilities. They are interconnected with one another and with other systems such as GPS and entertainment systems. The automobile manufacturers use telematics that focus on the wireless connectivity to computer-based controllers called electronic control units (ECUs) . The increasing use of semiconductor components into the ECU creates an opportunity of a cost-effective and smart solution such as in-vehicle networking.
“North American in-vehicle networking market to grow at the highest CAGR”
North America holds a tremendous market potential in the near future and is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The North American region is one of the most technologically advanced automotive sectors. The demand for premium cars with high semiconductor content is more in the region. This is mainly because of the high standard of living and high per capita income in the region. Furthermore, the government regulations pertaining to vehicle emissions and safety are very stringent. The demand for safe and secure vehicles with increased electronic contents would drive the growth of the in-vehicle networking market in this region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profile of primary participants is given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 35%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives – 35%, Directors – 25% and Others – 40%
• By Region: Europe – 45%, North America – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, and RoW – 5%
Companies that provide a range of customized solutions are expected to emerge as the game changers as customers find it easier to sync up with such devices for use in the specific industry. The major focus for the in-vehicle networking market is on the automotive inductry.
The key players in the in-vehicle networking market profiled in the report are as follows:
1. NXP Semiconductor NV (Netherlands)
2. Infineon Technologies AG (Germany)
3. Texas Instruments, Inc. (U.S.)
4. Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany)
5. Xilinx, Inc. (U.S.)
6. STMicroelectronics NV (Switzerland)
7. ON Semiconductor Corp. (U.S.)
8. Atmel Corporation (U.S.)
9. Microchip Technology Inc. (U.S.)
10. Elmos Semiconductor AG (Germany
11. Melexis Semiconductors (Belgium)
The geographic segmentation in the report covers the four major regions of the world, namely, North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW. The vehicle type segment covers the market size for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles (LCVs), heavy commercial vehicles (HCVs), and automated guided vehicles (AGVs). The application segment covers powertrain, chassis, body electronics, safety and infotainment. The in-vehicle networking market based on connectivity standards segmentation covers controller area network (CAN), local interconnect network (LIN), FlexRay, radio frequency (RF), Ethernet, and media oriented systems transport (MOST).
Reasons to buy the report:
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the in-vehicle networking market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and that of the sub segments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report would help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions in the in-vehicle networking market.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook