Single-use Bioreactors Market by Product (Media bag (2D bag, 3D bag)), Type of Molecule (MAbs, Vaccine), Type of Cell (Mammalian, Bacteria), Type (Stirred tank), Application (R&D, Process Development), End User (R&D Department) - Global Forecast to 2022
“The single-use bioreactors market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 21.9%.”
The single-use bioreactors market is expected to reach 2,685.1 million by 2022 from USD 997.6 million in 2017 at a CAGR of 21.9%. Increasing adoption of SUBs among small companies and startups and reduced automation complexity are the major factors driving the adoption of single-use bioreactors. The growing biologics market and patent expiry of many blockbuster drugs are expected to create tremendous growth opportunities for the single-use bioreactors market. On the other hand, extractability and leachability issues regarding disposable components used in bioreactors and regulatory concerns related to SUBs are the major factors restraining the growth of this market.
“The single-use bioreactor systems segment is expected to account for the largest share in 2017.”
On the basis of product, the single-use bioreactors market is segmented into single-use bioreactor systems, media bags, filtration assemblies, and other SUBs. In 2017, single-use bioreactor systems segment is expected to account for the largest share of the single-use bioreactors market. Factors such as reduced risk of contamination and easy implementation in bioproduction are driving the adoption of SUBs.
“The bioproduction segment is expected to account for the largest share in 2017.”
On the basis of application, the market is classified into bioproduction, process development, and research & development. In 2017, the manufacturing services segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market. Increasing competition for new indications and the launch of biosimilars in the market are the major factors that have put pressure on manufacturers to produce biopharmaceuticals at lower costs.
“The North America is expected to account for the largest share during the forecast period.”
By geography, the North America is expected to account for the largest share, followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, and the RoW. The large share of North America can be attributed to increasing usage of single-use bioreactors in the R&D and process development stage as compared to other regions. Many local players are coming up with single-use products in the US with a new homegrown concept which is only prevalent in the US.
Break-up profile of primaries:
• By Company Type- Tier 1-40%, Tier 2-30% and Tier 3-20%
• By Designation-C-level-27%, D-level-18% and Others-55%
• By Region-North America-50%, Europe-20%, Asia-20%, and RoW-10%
The key players in the single-use bioreactors market are Sartorius Stedim Biotech (France), Merck Millipore (Germany), GE Healthcare (US), Danaher (US), and Thermo Fisher Scientific (US).
The single-use bioreactors market in this report is segmented by products, type, type of cell, type of molecule, application, end user, and region. The study tracks and analyzes competitive developments such as product launches, agreements, partnerships, and acquisitions, and profiles key players and core competencies in the single-use bioreactors market.
Reasons to buy this report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on portfolios offered by the top players in the global single-use bioreactors market. The report analyzes the market by product, type, type of cell, type of molecule, application, end user, and region
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and product launches in the single-use bioreactors market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for single-use bioreactor products across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments in the global single-use bioreactors market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the key players in the global single-use bioreactors market