Semi-Autonomous and Autonomous Vehicles Market by Level of Automation (Level 1, Level 2&3 & Autonomous Vehicles), ADAS Features, Components (AI, Radar, LIDAR, Camera and Ultrasonic Sensor), Fuel Type (ICE, EV), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022 & 2030
“The global increase in vehicle production with eased driving and increased safety & security concern gives the thrust for semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles growth”
The semi-autonomous vehicles market was estimated to be 3.17 million units in 2016 and is projected to reach 7.84 million units by 2021, with CAGR of 19.85%. The autonomous vehicles market was estimated to be 0.18 million units in 2025 and is projected to reach 1.01 million units by 2030, with CAGR of 41.26%. The growth mainly contributes from global vehicle production of 92.6 million units in 2015, compared to 89.9 million units in 2014.
“Technology swap: The benchmark of the normal driving to advanced driving system”
The driving error can be minimized by providing driving assistance or if the vehicle be transformed into a self-driven one, wherein automated driving technology helps to reduce the error caused by drivers. The sensor technology in automated driving is likely to play a crucial role, which can efficiently scan the surrounding environment better than human senses, distant vision ahead, detect small obstacles, better traffic management and so on.
“Industry towards reducing operating cost of vehicle in efficient way”
The self-driving cars are more efficient than human driven cars, for instance while driver is driving a vehicle he/she are unaware of the fuel ratio consumed on sudden over speeding and braking on vehicle. That can consume more fuel and later on it can also technically affect cylinder piston, which can be circumvented in automated driving. The automated driving monitors the vehicle’s heart (engine and transmission), in order to keep the vehicle condition at optimal level, while moving.
“Asia-Pacific market plays crucial role in semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles growth”
The region consists of major home grown innovative automotive vehicle manufacturing companies and foreign players, in countries like China, Japan and South Korea that supports the growth of semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles market. Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the largest market share holder in year 2021 for semi-autonomous and third largest for autonomous vehicle market in year 2030 projection, in terms of volume. The region has home grown manufacturer like Nissan Motors Corporation (Japan) and other major foreign OEM’s have their headquarters in this region with manufacturing units.
The study contains insights from various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 - 52 %, Tier 2 - 27%, Tier 3 - 21%
• By Designation - C level - 62%, D level - 27%, Others - 11%
• By Region - North America - 45%, Europe - 30%, Asia-Pacific - 20%, RoW - 5%
Major players profiled in the report are:
• Volkswagen Group (Germany)
• Nissan motor (Japan)
• Daimler (Germany)
• Tesla Motors (U.S.)
• Continental Ag (Germany)
• Bosch (Germany)
• Delphi Automotive (U.S.)
• Google (U.S.)
• Cisco Systems Inc. (U.S.)
• Visteon Corporation (U.S.)
The report segments the semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles market and forecasts its size, by volume, on the basis of passenger vehicle type, technology type (under semi-autonomous vehicle market > adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, intelligent park assist, adaptive front lightning, others and under autonomous > RADAR, LIDAR, ultrasonic, others), component type (Radar sensors, engine control unit, fusion sensor, vision sensor, steering assist electronic control unit, camera, 3D laser scanners, control processing unit, ranging unit, others), powertrain type (under semi-autonomous & autonomous > conventional vehicle, hybrid vehicle, electric vehicle) and region (Asia pacific, Europe, North America and RoW).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights about the following points:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information about the semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles market offered by the top 10 players in the market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new system launches in the semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about types of semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles technology. The report analyses the market for semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles technology in multiple regions.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles market.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook