Polymer Dispersions Market by Resin Type (Acrylic, SB, Vinyl, Polyurethane), Application (Decorative & Protective Coating, Paper, Printing Ink, Carpet & Fabrics, Adhesives & Sealants), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Growing use of polymer dispersions in coating and carpet & fabrics is a prime factor in the growth of the polymer dispersions market”
The polymer dispersions market is projected to grow from an estimated USD 6.99 billion in 2017 to USD 10.27 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 8.0%. The positive growth of this market is attributed to the increasing polymer dispersions applications in green coating applications.
PU dispersions expected to be the fastest growing resin-type segment
PU dispersions are projected to be the fastest-growing resin type segment in the polymer dispersions market during the forecast period because of its increasing application in nonwoven hygiene products. Some other major applications of PU dispersions are used in coating, paper coating, textile & leather finishing, and others. Vinyl is another major segment, which is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
Rising demand in emerging markets such as the Asia-Pacific to provide growth opportunities in the polymer dispersions market
The polymer dispersions market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period, in terms of value and volume. Rising economic growth rate, growing manufacturing industries, availability of cheap labor, increasing foreign investments, and rise in the applications of polymer dispersions across decorative & protective coating applications are some of the major factors expected to fuel the growth of the market. Increasing demand in countries such as China, India, Thailand, and Malaysia are expected to drive the growth of the market in the Asia-Pacific region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted.
The breakdown of primary interviews is given below.
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 58%, Tier 2 – 25%, and Tier 3 – 17%
• By Designation: C level – 36%, D level – 36%, and Others – 28%
• By Region: North America – 9%, Europe – 27%, Asia-Pacific – 37%, Middle East & Africa – 9%, and South America – 18%
The key companies profiled in this report are, BASF SE (Germany), Synthomer Plc. (U.K.), Mitsui Chemicals (Japan), Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.), Covestro AG (Germany), and Solvay SA (Germany).
The market is segmented by resin type, application, and region. This report covers the polymer dispersions market in terms of value and volume, and forecasts its market size for 2022. The report also provides company profiles of market players and competitive strategies adopted by the key players in the global polymer dispersions market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the polymer dispersions market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. It will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. It will help stakeholders understand competitors and gain insight to better their business position. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions of market players.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook