Photoresist Market by Photoresist Type (ArF Immersion, ArF Dry, KrF, I-Line, G-Line), Photoresist Ancillaries Type (Anti-Reflective Coatings, Remover, Developer), Application, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“The photoresist including photoresist ancillaries market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period”
The global photoresist including photoresist ancillaries market is projected to reach USD 4.15 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2017 to 2022. Increase in demand for photoresist to be used in applications, such as semiconductors & ICs, and LCDs is driving the global photoresist market. However, limited consumption of photoresist, and taxation policies in emerging economies are acting as restraints for the growth of the market.
“Semiconductors & ICs is expected to be the fastest-growing application segment during the forecast period”
Photoresist is used in semiconductors as a thin layer to transfer a circuit pattern to the semiconductor substrate. In semiconductors & ICs, photoresist is used in smartphones, mobile devices, PCs, laptops, and tablets. Increasing use of photoresist in semiconductors & ICs applications is expected to drive the semiconductors & ICs application segment of the photoresist market. The growth of these segments will contribute to the growing usage of photoresist in the semiconductors segment.
There is a growing demand for semiconductors in microcontrollers and automotive products. This is a key factor contributing to the growth of the semiconductors & ICs application segment.
“ArF immersion is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing type segment of the global photoresist market”
The ArF immersion type photoresist provides superior resolution, low defects, and excellent cutting. It also helps to avoid spreading of the light, owing to their narrow wavelength. These benefits of the ArF immersion act as growth drivers for the photoresist market. Based on type, the ArF immersion segment of the photoresist market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022.
“Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing market for photoresist”
The photoresist market in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR, owing to increase in demand for photoresist in the Asia-Pacific region. Taiwan is estimated to be the largest market for photoresist in Asia-Pacific, followed by Japan and South Korea. However, the China photoresist is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of prominent industries, such as semiconductors and consumer electronics has led to an increase in demand for photoresist in the region.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 30%, Tier 2 – 43%, and Others – 27%
• By Designation: C Level – 21%, Manager Level – 30%, and Others – 49%
• By Region: North America – 30%, Europe – 18%, Asia-Pacific – 41%, Middle East & Africa – 6%, and South America – 5%
The companies profiled in this market research report are ALLRESIST GmbH (Germany), Avantor Performance Materials, LLC (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), E.I. Du Pont de Nemours (U.S.), Fujifilm Electronics Materials Co., Ltd. (Japan), JSR Corporation (Japan), TOKYO OHKA KOGYO Co., LTD. (Japan), Sumitomo Chemicals Co., Ltd. (Japan), Merck AZ Electronics Materials (Germany), and Microchemicals GmbH (Germany).
This research report categorizes the global photoresist including photoresist ancillaries market on the basis of photoresist type, photoresist ancillaries type, application, and region. The report includes detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth of the global photoresist market, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. A detailed analysis of key industry players has been done to provide insights on business overviews, products & services, key strategies, investments & expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and other recent developments associated with the market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the global photoresist including photoresist ancillaries market comprehensively and provides closest approximations of market sizes for the overall market and its sub-segments across regions.
2. The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market, and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will also help stakeholders understand major competitors and gain insights to enhance their competitive positions in the market. The competitive landscape section includes major industry players from all regions contributing to the market. The landscape consists of top 21 companies ranked and grouped based on their competency parameters, such as geographical presence, recent strategic developments, patents filed, and number of employees.