Organ Preservation Market by Preservation Solution(UW/Custodiol HTK/Perfadex), Transportation Technique (Static Cold Storage/Hypothermic Machine Perfusion/Normothermic Machine Perfusion) & Organ Type(Kidneys/liver/lung) - Analysis & Forecasts to 2021
The organ preservation market is expected to reach USD 241.2 million in 2021 from USD 165.9 million in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.8%. Over the years, the organ preservation market, has witnessed various technological advancements. These advancements have led to a growth in the number of transplants across the globe. Some of the other factors driving the growth of the market are rising multi-organ failure cases in aging population, rising solid organ transplantation procedures, and increasing government initiatives to promote organ donation. However, the high cost of transplants is a factor that is hindering the market.
In 2016, the University of Wisconsin segment is expected to account for the largest share of the organ preservation market, by preservation solution. This large share can be attributed to its prolific usage in the storage of kidney, liver, and pancreas, better transplantation outcomes, less histological damage, and improved physiological function of organs. The static cold storage is expected to account for the largest share of the organ preservation market, by technique. The largest share of static cold storage can be attributed to the simplicity, low cost, and less requirement of equipment and trained personnel. Kidneys to account for the largest share, by organ type. The large share can be attributed to factors such as rising cases of kidney failure, improvements in graft survival, and long-term graft function.
In 2016, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global organ preservation market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). Its large share can be attributed to growing cases of kidney failure, rising organ transplants, favorable reimbursements scenario within some provinces in Canada, and novel technological advancements by U.S. players. In the coming years, the organ preservation market is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the Asia-Pacific region. The high growth in these regions can be attributed to the new regulatory framework in China, and increasing organ donations in Asia-Pacific.
The global organ preservation market witnesses various product offerings offered by big and small firms. Client acquisitions, approvals, market expansions were the key developments undertaken by the companies to increase their market shares and to establish a strong foothold in the global market. The major players in this market include Organ Recovery Systems (U.S.), Xvivo Perfusion AB (Sweden), Essential Pharmaceuticals LLC (U.S.), Dr. Franz Kohler Chemie GmbH (Germany), and Waters Medical Systems LLC (U.S.), among others.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios and services offered by the top 10 players in the organ preservation market. The report analyzes organ transplants by preservation solution, technique and organ type.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the organ preservation market.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various preservation solutions and techniques across geographies
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the organ preservation market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the organ preservation market.