NGS-based RNA-seq Market by Products & Services (Sample Preparation, Consumables, Bioinformatics), Technology (SBS, SMRT), Application (De novo, Transcriptome Epigenetics, Small RNA), End User (Research Centers, BioPharma Companies) - Global Forecast to 2022
"The global NGS-based RNA-seq market is projected to reach USD 2.65 billion by 2022 from USD 1.05 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 20.2%. Factors such as the advantages of RNA-seq over microarray technology, technological advancements in RNA-seq products, increasing number of RNA-seq grants, increasing number of research activities, and rapid growth in precision medicine are driving the growth of the NGS-based RNA-seq market. On the other hand, accuracy and standardization concerns in diagnostic testing and the lack of skilled technical personnel are some of the key factors limiting the growth of the market.
In 2016, the sequencing platforms and consumables segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market. The data analysis, storage, and management is expected to register the highest growth rate owing to its development of more efficient data analysis solutions and growing computational capabilities of data analytics providers. Research centers and academic & government institutes segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in 2016 due to the increasing focus of market players on providing efficient RNA-seq products & services for research applications and the growing number of government funding programs. However, the hospitals and clinics segment is expected to register the highest growth due to the growing number of agreements between companies and hospitals for the development of advanced tests and products catering to the specific needs of hospitals and clinics. Based on applications, the market is categorized into four segments, namely, de novo transcriptome assembly, expression profiling analysis, variant calling & transcriptome epigenetics, and small RNA sequencing. The expression profiling analysis segment accounted for the major share of the global NGS-based RNA-seq market owing to the technological advantages of expression profiling applications.
Largest and Fastest Geographical Market
Geographically, the NGS-based RNA-seq market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America accounted for the largest share of the market in 2016, followed by Europe and Asia-Pasific. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period from 2017 to 2022, owing to focus on R&D activities and the low cost of NGS products & services in this region.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews: by company type, designation, and region:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 33%, Tier 2 – 50% and Tier 3 – 17%
• By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
• By Region – North America - 24%, Europe – 19%, APAC – 33%, RoW – 24%
The global NGS-based RNA-seq market is highly competitive, with a large number of global and local players. In 2016, the market was dominated by Illumina, Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), and Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (U.S.). Product launches, agreements, and partnerships were the major strategies adopted by market players to achieve growth in the market.
This report studies the NGS-based RNA-seq market based on product & service, application, technology, and end user. The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It analyzes opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry trends, market share analysis of top ten players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the NGS-based RNA-seq market, and high-growth regions and countries and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios and services offered by the major players in the NGS-based RNA-seq market. The report analyzes the NGS-based RNA-seq market based on product & service, application, technology, end user, and region
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and product launches in the NGS-based RNA-seq market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various NGS-based RNA-seq products and services across geographies
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the NGS-based RNA-seq market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the NGS-based RNA-seq market