Medical Power Supply Market by Current Type (AC-DC Power Supply), Application (Monitoring Equipment (MRI, ECG, EEG, PET, Multiparameter Monitor, Ultrasound, X-ray, MEG)), Construction (Enclosed, External), Power Ranges (200w) - Global Forecast to 2022
“Medical power supply market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6%.”
The Medical power supply market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 1,218.6 million by 2022 from USD 885.3 million in 2017. Market growth can be attributed to to a growth in funding and infrastructure development, advancements in medical power supply products, and rising trend of home healthcare.
“The external power supplies segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR.”
On the basis of construction, the Medical power supply market is segmented into enclosed power supplies, open frame power supplies, external power supplies, U-bracket power supplies, configurable power supplies, and encapsulated power supplies. In terms of value, the enclosed power supplies segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Technological advancements have enabled the development of compact enclosed power supplies that offer higher efficiency (as compared to other power supplies) and low leakage current (which results in less power consumption). These advantages are majorly contributing to the growth of this market.
“Diagnostic & monitoring equipment is expected to account for the largest share in 2017.”
On the basis of application, the market is classified into diagnostic & monitoring equipment, home medical equipment, dental equipment, and surgical equipment. In terms of value, in 2017, the diagnostic & monitoring equipment segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market. Increasing public-private funding for the installment of diagnostic imaging equipment is expected to drive the market for power supplies used in this application segment.
“Asia to provide significant growth opportunities during the forecast period.”
Geographically, North America is the largest market for medical power supply market, followed by Asia, Europe, and RoW. In terms of value and volume market, Asia region is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period. Presence of a large number of market players and increasing installations of medical equipment are the major factors fuelling the growth of the medical power supply market in the Asian region.
Break-up profile of primaries:
• By Company Type- Tier 1-40%, Tier 2-35% and Tier 3-25%
• By Designation-C-level-33%, D-level-41% and Others-26%
• By Region-North America-35%, Asia-21%, Europe-30%, and RoW-14%
The key players in the medical power supply market are CUI, Inc. (U.S.), XP Power (Singapore), Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation (U.S.), Delta, Electronics (Taiwan), and Astrodyne TDI Power Supplies & EMI Filters (U.S.).
The medical power supply market in this report is segmented by current type, construction, application, power ranges, and region. The study tracks and analyzes competitive developments such as include product launches; agreements, partnerships and acquisitions, and profiles the key players and core competencies in the medical power supply market.
Reasons to buy this report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on portfolios offered by the top players in the global medical power supply market. The report analyzes the Medical power supply market by current type, construction, application, power ranges, and region.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the Medical power supply market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for Medical power supply across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments in the global medical power supply market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the key players in the global medical power supply market