Medical Device Cleaning Market by Process (Presoak, Manual Cleaning, Automatic Cleaning, Disinfection) Type (Enzymatic & Non-enzymatic Detergent) Application (Surgical Instruments, Endoscope, Ultrasound Probe) - Global Forecast to 2022
The global medical device cleaning market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 1.71 million by 2022. The growth of this market is majorly driven by the incidence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), rise in healthcare expenditure, and increasing focus on disinfection and sterilization in the healthcare sector. However, increased preference for single-use instruments due to concerns regarding the safety of reprocessed instruments are expected to restrain the growth of this market to a certain extent during the forecast period.
Automatic Cleaning Process Segment Expected To Grow During Forecast Period (2017-2022)
On the basis of process the medical device cleaning market is segmented into presoak/pre-cleaning, manual cleaning, automatic cleaning, and disinfection. The automatic cleaning is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increasing use of automatic washer to maximize productivity with the minimum usage of detergents and disinfectants, the effective cleaning of organic contaminants from surgical instruments, and the minimum time required for cleaning using an automated washer.
Endoscopes Application Segment Likely To Dominate the Global Medical Device Cleaning Market from 2017 to 2022
Based on application the medical device cleaning market is segmented into surgical instruments, endoscopes, ultrasound probes, and other instruments. Endoscope application segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR in the coming years due to the increase in chronic diseases, increase in the number of endoscopy procedure, and growing HAI incidences.
APAC To Witness The Highest Growth During The Forecast Period (2017-2022)
North America held the largest share of the global medical device cleaning market in 2016. Factors such as its well-established healthcare industry, prevalence of chronic diseases, and increasing volume of surgical procedures are contributing to the large share of North America. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increasing healthcare spending, healthcare reforms for infrastructural development, growing healthcare awareness, increasing number of hospitals, low labor costs, and favorable regulatory environment in this region.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
• By Company Type – Tier 1–45%, Tier 2–30.3% and Tier 3–24.2%
• By Designation – C Level–45.7%, Director Level–34.2%, Others–20.1%
• By Region – North America – 32.0%, Europe–30.0%, Asia-Pacific–24.0%, RoW–1 4.0%
Some of the major market players in the medical device cleaning market are STERIS plc (U.S.), 3M Company (U.S.), Getinge Group (Sweden), Advanced Sterilization Products (U.S.), Ecolab Inc. (U.S.), Metrex Research, LLC (U.S.), Ruhof Corporation (U.S.), Cantel Medical Corporation (U.S.), BODE Chemie Gmbh (Germany), Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation (U.S.), Sklr Surgical Instruments (U.S.), Biotrol (U.S.), and Oro Clean Chemie AG (Switzerland).
The report analyzes the various types of detergents, disinfectants, and its adoption pattern. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the global medical device cleaning market for different segments such as process, application, and regions. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them, garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening the market.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the global medical device cleaning market. The report analyzes the global medical device cleaning market by process and application across countries.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and new product launches in the global medical device cleaning market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by process, application, and region
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global medical device cleaning market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global medical device cleaning market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook