Laminated Glass Market by Interlayers (Polyvinyl Butyral, Ionoplast Polymer), End-Use Industry (Building & Construction, Automotive), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“The growing demand from the automotive industry is expected to drive the laminated glass market in the coming years”
The laminated glass market is estimated to be USD 17.20 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 23.04 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.02% from 2017 to 2022. Rising middle-class population and rapid economic growth have resulted in increased number of construction activities around the world, which in turn is driving the demand for laminated glass. Furthermore, stringent regulations to reduce the loss of property and life in case of accidents is driving the demand for laminated glass in the automotive industry. However, the high cost of raw materials used for the manufacturing of glass can act as a major restraint for the growth of the market.
“The ionoplast polymer segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing interlayer segment of the market, in terms of value, from 2017 to 2022”
The ionoplast polymer segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing interlayer segment of the market during the forecast period. The growth of the segment can be majorly attributed to the superior strength of ionoplast polymers, which is required in applications, such as glass floors, stairs, balcony rails, and minimally-supported glass canopies, among others in the building & construction industry.
“South America is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, in terms of value”
South America is projected to be the fastest-growing laminated glass market between 2017 and 2022. Stable economic growth, and investments in infrastructure projects, and favorable demographic trends including the rising income of middle-class population in the region are driving the demand for laminated glass in the region. The Middle East & Africa laminated glass market is also estimated to witness a significant growth during the forecast period. The growth of the market in the region can be mainly attributed to the growing building & construction industry in the Middle East.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for the segments and subsegments identified through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 (55%), Tier 2 (27%), and Tier 3 (18%)
• By Designation: C Level (46%), Director Level (27%), and Others (27%)
• By Region: North America (28%), Europe (18%), Asia-Pacific (27%), South America (9%), and the Middle East & Africa (18%)
Key players profiled in the report include AGC (Japan), Saint-Gobain (France), Nippon Sheet Glass (Japan), Sisecam (Turkey), Taiwan Glass (Taiwan), Guardian (US), CSG Holdings (China), Fuyao Glass (China), Central Glass (Japan), and Xinyi Glass (Hong Kong).
This report segments the laminated glass market based on interlayer, end-use industry, and region, and provides the estimations for the overall value of the market and its subsegments across various regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been conducted to provide insights into their business overviews, key strategies, acquisitions, agreements, expansion, and recent developments associated with the market for laminated glass.
Reasons to Buy this Report:
This research report focuses on various levels of analyses—industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking, value chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the overall views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the laminated glass market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on laminated glass offered by the top players in the global laminated glass market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the laminated glass market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for laminated glass across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global laminated glass market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market ranking, strategies, and products of the leading players in the laminated glass market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook