Interposer and Fan-Out WLP Market by Application (Logic, Imaging & Optoelectronics, Memory, MEMS/Sensors, LED, Power), Packaging Technology (TSV, Interposer, and Fan-Out WLP), End-User Industry, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Interposer and fan-out WLP market to grow at a CAGR of 28.09% between 2016 and 2022”
The interposer and fan-out WLP market has entered the growth phase and is expected to be valued at USD 13.42 billion in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 28.09% between 2016 and 2022. The major factors driving the growth of the market include rising trend of miniaturization of electronics devices; increasing demand for advanced architecture in smartphones, tablets, and gaming devices; and increased usage of interposers and fan-out wafer level packaging (FOWLP) technology in MEMS and sensors. The main restraint for this market is the thermal-related issues caused by higher level of integration.
“Market for TSVs to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022”
The market for through-silicon vias (TSVs) is expected to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022. The major factors driving the growth of the interposer and fan-out WLP market for TSVs include high interconnect density and space efficiencies. Also, the compact structure of TSVs has led to the increase in its demand for use in various smart technologies, including wearable and connected devices.
“Imaging and optoelectronics accounted for the largest share of the interposer and fan-out WLP market in 2015”
The demand for interposer and fan-out WLP for use in imaging and optoelectronics is growing as chip-scaled opto-electronic packaging is a cost- and size-effective packaging for image sensors. The increasing need for miniaturization and integration of optical and electronic components used in automotive imaging applications is generating huge demand for interposers and FOWLP, which offers high-performance packaging and occupies less space.
“APAC to be the fastest-growing market for interposer and fan-out WLP between 2016 and 2022”
The major factors driving the growth of the market in APAC include the presence of major semiconductor foundries, including TSMC (Taiwan) and UMC (Taiwan); proximity to major downstream electronics manufacturing operations; government-sponsored infrastructure support; tax incentives; and availability of skilled engineers and labor at a relatively low cost.
Breakdown of profile of primary participants:
• By Company: Tier 1 - 45 %, Tier 2 - 32%, and Tier 3 - 23%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives - 25%, Directors - 32%, and Others - 43%
• By Region: North America - 25%, Europe - 37%, APAC - 28%, and RoW - 10%
The major players profiled in this report include:
• Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (Taiwan)
• Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
• Toshiba Corp. (Japan)
• ASE Group (Taiwan)
• Amkor Technology (U.S.)
• Qualcomm Incorporated (U.S.)
• Texas Instruments (U.S.)
• United Microelectronics Corp. (Taiwan)
• STMicroelectronics NV (Switzerland)
• Broadcom Ltd. (Singapore)
• Intel Corporation. (U.S.)
• Jiangsu Changing Electronics Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
• Infineon Technologies AG (Germany)
In this report, the interposer and fan-out WLP market has been segmented on the basis of packaging technology into through silicon vias (TSVs), interposers, and fan-out WLP; and on the basis of application into logic, imaging and optoelectronics, memory, MEMS/sensors, LED, power, analog & mixed signal, RF, and photonics. The market has also been segmented on the basis of end-user industry, and geography. On the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into—Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and RoW.
Reasons to buy the report
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the interposer and fan-out WLP market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and those of the subsegments across different applications and regions.
2. The report gives the detailed analysis of interposer and fan-out WLP market with the help of porters five forces analysis, business model analysis, and value chain analysis including key companies in the market and their relations in the ecosystem.
3. The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
4. This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions in the interposer and fan-out WLP market.