Integrated Passive Devices Market by Base (Silicon and Non-Silicon), Product (Baluns, Couplers, Diplexers, Harmonic Filters) Type (ESD, EMI, RF-IPD), Application (Data Converters, EMI/RFI Filtering and LED Lighting), Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
“Integrated passive device market to grow at a CAGR of 8.99% between 2016 and 2022”
The market is expected to be valued at USD 1370.1 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.99% between 2016 and 2022. The increasing adoption of integrated passive devices in consumer durables and the implementation of integrated passive devices in RF applications are the key driving factors for this market. However, the higher costs of integrated passive devices compared to that of discrete components is restraining the growth of the market. Also, the RF tuning of integrated passive devices demands longer product design cycle, which acts as a major hindrance for the growth of the market.
“Market for integrated passive devices with silicon base to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022”
The market for integrated passive devices with silicon base is expected to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022. This market growth can be attributed to the advantages of silicon base over other bases such as higher resistivity and lower RF coupling to devices.
“Market for data converters to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022”
The integrated passive device market for data converters is expected to grow at a high rate between 2016 and 2022. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing demand for miniaturized RF modules in consumer gadgets such as smartphones and printers. The rising trend of shrinking physical dimensions of consumer electronics is also contributing to the growth of the market.
“APAC to be the fastest growing market for integrated passive devices between 2016 and 2022”
APAC is the fastest growing market for integrated passive devices. It is a major hub for wearable device and smartphone manufacturers. The growth of the market in APAC can be attributed to the presence of emerging countries such as South Korea, China, and India, which offer lucrative opportunities for the IPD market due to the growing base for telecommunication infrastructure, communication devices, and consumer electronics in these countries. This region is also expected to witness the commercialization of the 5G technology by 2020, which would boost the growth of the IPD market.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the integrated passive device market. The break-up of primary participants for the report has been shown below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 20 %, Tier 2 – 55%, and Tier 3 – 25%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives –50%, Directors – 25%, and Sr. Professors – 25%
• By Region: North America –60%, EMEA – 20%, APAC – 10%, and RoW – 10%
The report also profiles the key players in this market. The prominent players profiled in this report include On Semiconductor (U.S.), Stats ChipPAC (Singapore), STMicroelectronics (Switzerland), Murata-IPDiA (Japan), Johanson Technology (U.S.), Onchip Devices (U.S.), AFSC (Taiwan), and Infineon (Germany).
This research report categorizes the overall integrated passive device market on the basis of base, product, type, application, and geography. The report discusses the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges and includes the value chain analysis pertaining to the market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report would help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the integrated passive device market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for sub segments across different regions.
2. The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with the information on key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for market growth.
3. This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product launches, acquisitions, partnerships, agreements, contracts, and collaborations.