Inductor Market by Type (Fixed Inductors (RF, Coupled, Multilayered, Power, Molded, Surface Mount, Choke, Coil), and Variable Inductors), Core Type (Air, Ferrite, Laminated, Ceramic, and Toroidal), Application, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
“The inductor market likely to grow at a CAGR of 3.93% between 2016 and 2022”
The overall inductor market is expected to grow from USD 3.01 billion in 2015 to USD 3.94 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 3.93% between 2016 and 2022. The key factors contributing to the growth of the inductor market include the increasing number of product launches and developments in the consumer electronics sector, rising demand for passive electronic components, growing use of inductors in automotive electronics, and increasing adoption of smart grids. However, fluctuating prices of raw materials is restraining the growth of the market.
“Consumer electronics applications to hold the largest size of the inductor market during the forecast period”
Inductors are widely used in consumer electronics applications. Fixed inductors (SMD and similar types) are compact and light in weight and suitable for use in consumer electronic devices. Consumer electronics are also increasingly becoming more compact and lighter in weight due to the miniaturization of components. In addition, the growing demand for smart mobile devices is likely to drive the growth of the inductor market for consumer electronics applications.
“Inductor market in APAC to grow at a high rate during the forecast period”
The inductor market in APAC, on the basis of country/region, has been subsegmented into China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Rest of APAC (RoAPAC). APAC plays a pivotal role in the development of the electrical and electronics industry. Some of the leading inductor manufacturing companies such as TDK Corporation (Japan), Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Japan), Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. (Japan), Chilisin Electronics Corp (Taiwan), Delta Electronics, Inc. (Taiwan), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), ABC Taiwan Electronics Corporation (Taiwan), Shenzhen Sunlord Electronics Co., Ltd. (China), and Sumida Corporation (Japan), among others, are based out of APAC. Several electronic manufacturing companies outsource their production to low-cost countries in Asia. This is more distinct in segments with higher demand for labor-intensive works such as passive electronic components and semiconductor assembly and testing operations than those with relatively less labor-intensive works such as semiconductor fabrication.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key industry people. The breakup of the profile of primary participants has been given below.
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 33%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 22%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives – 34%, Directors – 22%, and Others – 44%
• By Region: North Americas – 22%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 45%, and RoW – 13%
The key market players profiled in the report are:
• TDK Corporation (Japan)
• Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Japan)
• Vishay Intertechnology Inc. (U.S.)
• Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. (Japan)
• Chilisin Electronics Corp. (Taiwan)
• Delta Electronics, Inc. (Taiwan)
• Panasonic Corporation (Japan)
• ABC Taiwan Electronics Corporation (Taiwan)
• Pulse Electronics Corporation (U.S.)
• Coilcraft, Inc. (U.S.)
• Shenzhen Sunlord Electronics Co., Ltd. (China)
• Bourns, Inc. (U.S.)
• Sumida Corporation (Japan)
• ICE Components, Inc. (U.S.)
• AVX Corporation (U.S.)
• Various types of inductors such as fixed inductors (RF inductors, coupled inductors, multi-layered inductors, power inductors, and others, including chokes, coils, surface mount inductors, and molded inductors) and variable inductors have been covered in the report.
• Based on core type, the inductor market has been segmented into air core, ferromagnetic/ferrite core, laminated core, ceramic core, and toroidal core in the report.
• On the basis of application, the inductor market has been segmented into automotive, transmission and distribution, industrial, RF and telecommunication, military and defense, consumer electronics, and healthcare applications.
• The inductor market, on the basis of geography, has been segmented into four main regions—North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) (South America and the Middle East and Africa).
Reasons to Buy This Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, value chain analysis; company profiles that discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the inductor market, high-growth regions, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market penetration: Comprehensive information on inductors offered by the top players in the overall inductor market
• Product development/innovation: Detailed insights pertaining to the R&D activities, emerging technologies, and new product launches in the inductor market
• Market development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the inductor market across regions
• Market diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the overall inductor market
• Competitive assessment: In-depth assessment of market ranking analysis, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the inductor market