IV Equipment Market by Product (Infusion Pump, Catheter, Solution and Blood Administration Set, Securement Device, Cannula, Stopcock, Needleless Connector), End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Homecare, Ambulatory Care Center) - Global Forecast to 2022
“IV equipment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2%.”
The IV equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 13.63 billion by 2022 from USD 10.07 billion in 2017. Market growth can be attributed to a number of factors such as the increasing incidence of chronic diseases, rapid growth in the aging population, and growing number of surgical procedures. Stringent regulatory requirements for new products and increasing incidence of medication errors and lack of wireless connectivity in most hospitals pose challenges for the growth of this market.
“The securement devices segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR.”
On the basis of product, the IV equipment market is segmented into IV catheters, administration sets, infusion pumps, securement devices, stopcocks and check valves, drip chambers, needleless connectors, and others. The securement devices segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increasing healthcare expenditure and rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries.
“Hospitals and clinics accounted for the largest share in 2016.”
On the basis of end user, the market is classified into hospitals and clinics, home care, and ambulatory care centers. In 2016, the hospitals and clinics segment accounted for the largest share of the market. This large share can mainly be attributed to the strong financial capabilities of hospitals to purchase high-priced IV devices as well as the availability of trained professionals to operate them.
“Asia-Pacific to provide significant growth opportunities during the forecast period.”
Geographically, North America is the largest market for IV equipment, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period. Factors such as the presence of a large patient pool, rising geriatric population, growing utilization of technologically advanced IV products, increasing focus on home healthcare, growing healthcare expenditure, rapidly developing healthcare infrastructure, and increasing per capita income are driving the growth of the IV equipment market in the Asia-Pacific.
Break-up profile of primaries:
• By Company Type- Tier 1-40%, Tier 2-35% and Tier 3-25%
• By Designation-C-level-33%, D-level-41% and Others-26%
• By Region-North America-35%, Europe-30%, Asia-Pacific-21% and RoW-14%
The IV equipment market is fragmented in nature with the presence of many small and big firms. The major players in the IV equipment market include Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.), B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Baxter International Inc. (U.S.), Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA (Germany), ICU Medical, Inc. (U.S.), Smiths Medical (U.K.), Moog, Inc. (U.S.), Terumo Corporation (Japan.), C. R. Bard, Inc. (U.S.), and AngioDynamics, Inc. (U.S.).
The IV equipment market in this report is segmented by product, end user, and region. It provides detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and trends). The study tracks and analyzes competitive developments such as include product launches; agreements and collaborations; expansions; and acquisitions, and profiles the key players and comprehensively analyzes their market shares and core competencies in the IV equipment market.
Reasons to buy this report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on portfolios offered by the top players in the global IV equipment market. The report analyzes the IV equipment market by product, end user, and region.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the IV equipment market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for IV equipment across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments in the global IV equipment market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global IV equipment market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook