Hybrid Operating Room Market by Component (Surgical Booms, Surgical Lights, Operation Tables, MRI, CT, Angiography, AV Tools), Application (Cardiovascular, Neurovascular, Thoracic, Orthopedic), End User, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Hybrid operating room market projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.5%”
The global hybrid operating room market is expected to reach USD 1,174.9 million by 2022 from USD 652.0 million in 2017; growing at a CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period. Factors such as technological advancements in the field of robot-assisted surgeries, increasing number of minimally invasive surgeries, and growing patient preference for affordable & effective surgical treatments are driving the growth of this market. However, high establishment costs and procedural risks for patients associated with hybrid ORs are expected to limit the optimal market growth for hybrid operating rooms during the forecast period
“Intraoperative Diagnostic Imaging Systems are expected to grow at the highest CAGR during 2017 to 2022”
By component, the hybrid operating room market covers intraoperative diagnostic imaging systems, operating room fixtures, surgical instruments, audiovisual display systems and tools, and other components. The intraoperative diagnostic imaging systems segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during 2017 to 2022, owing to significant installation costs associated with diagnostic imaging products, increasing installation of hybrid ORs across major countries, ongoing integration and automation of OR workflows, and continuous technological advancements in the field of diagnostic imaging.
“The hospitals and surgical centers to dominate the global hybrid operating room market during the forecast period”
On the basis of end users, the hybrid operating room market is segmented into hospitals and surgical centers, and ambulatory surgical centers. The hospitals and surgical centers segment accounted for the largest share of the global hybrid operating room market in 2016 owing to the rising patient emphasis on timely and effective disease management, rising number of diagnostic and surgical procedures carried out at hospitals, and increasing number of hospitals and surgical centers being set up in developing countries (such as India, China, and South Africa
“APAC is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period “
While North America accounted for the largest share of the market in 2016, Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period from 2017 to 2022. This is owing to the rapid growth in the healthcare expenditure in emerging APAC countries such as China and India, which will support the adoption of advanced surgical & diagnostic technologies in their respective healthcare systems during the forecast period..
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews: by company type, designation, and region:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 –45%, Tier 2 –34% and Tier 3 –21%
• By Designation – C level – 10%, Director level – 14%, Others – 76%
• By Region – North America - 40%, Europe – 32%, APAC – 20%, RoW – 8%
As of 2016, major players operating in the global hybrid operating room market are Philips Healthcare (The Netherlands), Siemens Healthineers (Germany), Stryker Corporation (U.S.), Toshiba Corporation (Japan),
GE Healthcare (U.S.), among others.
This report studies the hybrid operating room market based on components, application, and end user. The report also analyzes factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It evaluates opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. The report also studies micromarkets with respect to their growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This research focuses on various levels of analysis—industry trends, vendor dive analysis of 25 market players, and company profiles of top 15 market players—which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the hybrid operating rooms market, and high-growth regions and countries and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on business strategies adopted by the major players in the hybrid operating rooms market. The report analyzes the hybrid operating room market based on components, application, end user, and region
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and product launches in the hybrid operating room market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various hybrid operating room products across geographies
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the hybrid operating room market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the hybrid operating room market