Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market by Component (Software (Inventory (Order and Warehouse Management), Purchasing (Suppliers, Strategic Sourcing)), Hardware (Barcode, RFID)), Delivery Mode (On-Premise, Cloud), End User - Global Forecasts to 2022
“Healthcare supply chain management market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4%.”
The global healthcare supply chain management market is projected to reach USD 2.31 billion by 2022 from an estimated USD 1.55 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period. Growth in the market can primarily be attributed to factors such as increasing pressure on healthcare providers to improve operational efficiency & profitability, implementation of unique device identification (UDI) by the US FDA, and the emergence of cloud-based solutions. However, the high implementation cost of supply chain management solutions is expected to restrain the growth of this market to a certain extent.
“The software segment to hold the largest share of the market in 2017.”
On the basis of component, the market is segmented into software and hardware. In 2017, software segment is expected to command the largest share of the global healthcare supply chain management market. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the benefits it offers, such as increased efficiency, reduced costs, and business intelligence.
“The cloud-based segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
By delivery mode, the market is categorized into on-premise and cloud-based segments. The cloud-based segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Cloud-based solutions help healthcare organizations share and integrate information from different locations and these solutions are cheaper to install and maintain than on-premise solutions. All these factors contribute to the high growth and popularity of the cloud-based mode.
“North America to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.”
The North American healthcare supply chain market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period of 2017–2022. Factors such as the consolidation of hospitals, regulatory requirements, rising prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing patient burden in the US, and implementation of various strategies to improve healthcare supply chain management in Canada are driving the growth of the market in this region.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
By Company Type: Tier I: 55%, Tier II: 25%, Tier III: 20%
By Designation: C-Level Executives: 43%, Directors: 32%, Others: 25%
By Region: North America: 38%, Europe: 23%, Asia Pacific : 29%, RoW: 10%
In 2017, SAP (Germany), Oracle (US), Infor (US), and McKesson (US), were the leading players in the healthcare supply chain management market.
The report provides a picture of the market across different industry verticals and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different segments such as by component, delivery mode, end users, and region. Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn helps the firms to garner a greater share of the concerned market. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies to strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the healthcare supply chain management market. The report analyzes the market by component, delivery mode and end users.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research & development activities, product enhancements, and new product launches in the healthcare supply chain management market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various healthcare supply chain management across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the healthcare supply chain management market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the healthcare supply chain management market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook