Government Cloud Market by Solution (Cloud Storage, Disaster Recovery, Identity and Access Management, Risk and Compliance Management), Service, Service Model (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Deployment Model, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Factors such as awareness about the implementation of cloud solutions among enterprises, and reduced operational and capital expenditure are some of the factors driving the government cloud market growth.”
The government cloud market size is expected to grow from USD 15.40 billion in 2017 to USD 28.85 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.4% during the forecast period. The market is driven by various factors, such as the need for faster deployment of solutions and scalability, increasing awareness about the government cloud among enterprises globally, and reduced cost of ownership. However, enterprises face some obstacles while adopting the government cloud. Some of these obstacles are data protection and complexities involved in application portability.
“Identity and Access Management (IAM) segment is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period.”
Among the solutions, the IAM segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period, as IAM solutions help government organizations in implementing the security process framework, which in turn, initiates and manages user identity and related access permissions in an automated manner. IAM solutions help manage the control of data access across the government entities.
“Integration and migration segment is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period.”
Among the services, the integration and migration segment is expected to grow at highest rate during the forecast period. The migration to the cloud enables the government organizations and businesses to move their computing assets, such as applications, databases, infrastructures, platforms, and email databases, to the cloud. Integration services offer the seamless functioning of the critical traditional systems with the cloud infrastructure and resolve the issues of interoperability.
“Asia Pacific (APAC) is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
North America is estimated to have the largest market share in 2017, while APAC is projected to be the fastest growing region in terms of CAGR. Implementation of strategic plans by the Asian governments to create a digital economy, government cloud initiatives, and the building of cloud capabilities to leverage next-generation technologies for sensors, Internet of Things (IoT), big data, and analytics are some of the key reasons that have led APAC to become a highly potential market.
The breakup of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
• By Company: Tier 1 Companies – 18%, Tier 2 Companies – 31%, and Tier 3 Companies – 51%
• By Designation: C-Level – 42%, Director Level – 33%, and Others – 25%
• By Region: North America – 47%, Europe – 31%, APAC – 14%, and RoW – 8%
The key providers in the government cloud market are:
1. Amazon Web Services (Washington, US)
2. Microsoft (Washington, US)
3. IBM (New York, US)
4. Google (California, US)
5. HPE (California, US)
6. Oracle (California, US)
7. Salesforce (California, US)
8. Cisco Systems (California, US)
9. Dell Technologies (Texas, US)
10. VMware (California, US)
11. Verizon (New York, US)
12. CGI Group (Montreal, Canada)
13. AT&T (Texas, US)
14. SAP (Walldorf, Germany)
15. NetApp (California, US)
16. Informatica (California, US)
17. Huddle (London, UK)
18. Capgemini (Paris, France)
19. CenturyLink (Louisiana, US)
20. Citrix (Florida, US)
21. Equinix (California, US)
22. Fujitsu (Tokyo, Japan)
23. NTT DATA (Tokyo, Japan)
24. Red Hat (North Carolina, US)
25. NEC (Tokyo, Japan)
The government cloud market has been segmented based on types (solutions and services), service models, deployment models, and regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overviews, products and services, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements, collaborations, business expansions, and the competitive landscape associated with the government cloud market.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
• This report segments the government cloud market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments.
• This report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
• This report will help stakeholders better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions under in the government cloud market.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook