Flat Glass Market by Technology (Float, Rolled, Sheet), Product Type (Simple Float Glass, Toughened , Coated, Laminated, Extra Clear),End-Use Industry (Construction & Infrastructure, Automotive & Transportation, Solar Energy) and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Flat glass market projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.30% during forecast period”
The flat glass market is projected to reach USD 142.05 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.30% between 2017 and 2022. The major factor driving the growth of the market is the increasing demand for flat glass from the construction & infrastructure industry. Flat glass products have extensive applications for safety, decoration, security, privacy, and energy-saving purpose. However, energy efficient manufacturing is a challenge for flat glass manufacturers.
“The laminated glass segment is projected to be the fastest-growing product type segment of the flat glass market during the forecast period”
Laminated glass provides advantages, such as durability, high-performance, impact resistance and at the same time preserves the aesthetic appearance of glass products. Laminated glass provides a solution to many architectural design problems and can offer protection from the effects of disasters, such as a hurricane, earthquake, and bomb blasts. Laminated glass is increasingly being used in the automotive & transportation end-use industry.
“Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for flat glass during the forecast period”
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for flat glass during the forecast period. The market in the region is driven by the increasing consumption of flat glass composites in various industries, such as construction & infrastructure, automotive & transportation, and solar energy. China led the flat glass market in Asia-Pacific in 2016. The construction & infrastructure end-use industry segment dominated the flat glass market in the country.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into following three categories:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 - 37%, Tier 2 - 27%, and Tier 3 - 36%
• By Designation: C Level - 46%, Director Level - 36%, and Others - 18%
• By Region: North America - 27%, Europe - 37%, Asia Pacific - 27%, and RoW - 9%
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of company profiles listed below:
• Asahi Glass (Japan)
• Saint-Gobain (France)
• Nippon Sheet Glass (Japan)
• Guardian Industries (U.S.)
• Taiwan Glass (Taiwan)
• Central Glass (Japan)
• Sisecam Group (Turkey)
• Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. (Mexico)
• CSG Holding Co., Ltd. (China)
• Fuyao Glass Industry Group (China)
This report covers the market for flat glass and forecasts the market size until 2022. The report includes the market segmentation by product type (basis float glass, toughened glass, coated glass, laminated glass, and extra clear glass, and others), technology (float, rolled, sheet), end-use industry (construction & infrastructure, automotive & transportation, solar energy and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa). Porter’s Five Forces analyses along with drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities have been discussed in the report. It also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by major players in the flat glass market.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the flat glass market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, exhibitions, and mergers & acquisitions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook