End-point Authentication Market for Automotive by Type (Wearable, Smartphone Application, Biometric Vehicle Access), Connectivity (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular Network), Vehicle (PC, EV), Advanced Features, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Consumer preference for high-end security technology in automotive gaining pace over the years”
The global end-point authentication market for automotive is estimated to be USD 529.5 million in 2017, and is projected to reach USD 1,042.5 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 14.5%. Increasing complexity in vehicles, along with rising chances of cyber-attacks on vehicles, is driving the demand for global end-point authentication market for automotive. As a result, the global end-point authentication market for automotive has shown immense growth in developed countries such as Germany, France, and the U.S. Unpredictable weather conditions and human tendency to forget the authentication passwords are expected to be a restraint for the single-factor end-point authentication systems market. However, these factors would promote the installation of multi-factor end-point authentication systems in the automotive industry.
“Biometric vehicle access is estimated to have the largest share in the global end-point authentication market for automotive in 2017”
Biometric vehicle access is estimated to be the largest segment in the end-point authentication systems market, owing to the increased demand for security in passenger cars. The increased installation rate of connectivity devices in passenger cars has made a vehicle even more vulnerable to outside threat. Increased need for security is driving the demand for a biometric authentication system, which is thus estimated to have the largest share in the global end-point authentication market for automotive.
“Emerging safety standards are a key driver for the connectivity market by Wi-Fi”
Growing complexity in the vehicle electronics, coupled with increasingly stringent cyber security norms, would increase the use of Wi-Fi as a connectivity medium for the global end-point authentication market for automotive during the forecast period.
“Increasing number of patents and technological advancements would drive the market in European region”
The European region is estimated to be the largest market for global end-point authentication market for automotive. High volume markets for premium cars and an increase in demand for high-end electronic and safety features in passenger cars make Europe the largest regional market for global end-point authentication market for automotive. The Asia-Pacific end-point authentication systems market, by value, is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022.
The study contains insights of various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 42%, Tier 2 – 26%, Others– 32%
• By Designation: C level – 42%, D level – 26%, Others – 32%
• By Region: North America – 38%, Europe – 22%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, RoW – 10%
Major players profiled in the report are:
• Continental AG (Germany)
• Fitbit, Inc. (U.S.)
• Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
• Garmin Ltd. (U.S.)
• HID Global (U.S.)
• Hitachi Ltd. (Japan)
• Nuance Communications (U.S.)
• Safran S.A. (France)
• Samsung Electronics Company Ltd. (Korea)
• Symantec Corporation (U.S.)
• Synaptics Incorporated
• Voxx International (U.S.)
The report segments the global end-point authentication market for automotive and forecasts its size, by volume and value, on the basis of region (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW), authentication type (Biometric vehicle Access, Smartphone Application, and Automotive Wearable), vehicle type (passenger cars and electric vehicles), and connectivity type (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular network). The qualitative analysis of advanced features is also provided.
The report also provides a comprehensive review of market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the global end-point authentication market for automotive. In addition to analyzing the quantitative aspects of these markets, the report also covers qualitative aspects, such as Porter’s five forces analysis, for the global end-point authentication market for automotive.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights into the following points:
• Market Penetration: The report offers comprehensive information about the global end-point authentication market for automotive offered by the top 12 players in the market.
• Product Development/Innovation: The report provides detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the end-point authentication market for automotive.
• Market Development: The report offers comprehensive information about end-point authentication systems market. The report analyzes the market for end-point authentication systems for automotive across regions.
• Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the end-point authentication systems market for automotive.