Electroactive Polymer Market by Type (Conductive Plastic, Inherently Conductive Polymer, Inherently Dissipative Polymer), Application (ESD Protection, EMI Shielding, Actuators, Capacitors, Batteries, Sensors), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
The electroactive polymers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2017 to 2022
The electroactive polymers market is estimated at USD 3.51 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 5.12 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2017 to 2022. The growth of the electroactive polymers market can be attributed to the increasing demand from the ESD protection, EMI shielding, actuators, and other applications across the globe. Electroactive polymers find applications in various end-use industries because of their unique properties. Contrary to conventional materials (metals), electroactive polymers products are lighter in weight, durable, and have better conductive properties.
However, environmental non-compliance owing to their improper disposal are identified as restraints to the growth of electroactive polymers market across the globe.
Among types, the inherently conductive polymers market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Among types, the inherently conductive polymers market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022. EAPs are cost-effective options for robotics and luminescent applications in comparison to metals and semiconductor materials. These polymers can be modified to get the desired properties, for example, low driving voltage. This has led to increased demand for fabrication and precision instruments. Countries such as India and China with large populations provide an opportunity for the electroactive polymers market owing to the increased demand for consumer electronics. Moreover, conductive polymers possess properties, such as easy moldability, easy processing, low weight, corrosion resistance, and design flexibility which is attracting many electroactive polymer manufacturing companies.
The Asia Pacific electroactive polymers market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
The Asia Pacific electroactive polymers market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022. An increase in manufacturing activities combined with the region’s emergence as a cost-effective production hub is expected to drive the electroactive polymers market. Rapid industrialization in this region plays an important role in fueling the demand for EAPs in ESD and EMI protection, consumer electronics, and paints & coatings applications. In this region, the demand as well as manufacture of consumer electronics has increased significantly and is expected to drive the need for EAPs in the near future.
Breakdown of the profiles of primary interviews for the report on the electroactive polymers market
• By Company Type – Tier 1 – 45%, Tier 2 –22%, and Tier 3 – 33%
• By Designation – C Level – 50%, Director Level – 25%, and Others – 25%
• By Region – North America – 50%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific – 10%, Middle East & Africa – 10%, and South America – 10%
Some of the key companies profiled in this report are Solvay (Belgium), Parker Hannifin (US) Agfa-Gevaert (Belgium), 3M (US), Merck (Germany), Lubrizol (US), Novasentis (US), Premix (Finland), and PolyOne Corporation (US), among others.
The report covers the electroactive polymers market and their use across different applications and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the electroactive polymers market across different segments. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players along with their profiles, recent developments, and key growth strategies.
Key benefits of buying the report
From an insight perspective, this research report has been focusing on various levels of analyses, which include industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the electroactive polymers market, high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the electroactive polymers market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the electroactive polymers offered by the top players operating in the market.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the electroactive polymers market.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative and emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for electroactive polymers across different regions.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the electroactive polymers market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the electroactive polymers market.