Digital Printing Market for Printers, Inks, and Print Heads by Ink Type (Aqueous, Solvent, UV-Curable, Latex, and Dye Sublimation), Print Head Type (Inkjet and Laser), Substrate Type (Glass, Textile, Paper), and Geography - Global Forecast to 2023
“The growing demand for sustainable printing, development of packaging and textile industries, and reduction in per unit cost of printing with digital printers drives the growth of the digital printing market”
The digital printing market was valued at USD 22.18 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 28.85 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 4.48% between 2017 and 2023. The growing demand for sustainable printing is the major factor that drives the growth of the digital printing market. Major restraining factor for the growth of digital printing market includes high initial investment cost.
“The market for UV-cured ink for digital printing is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
UV-cured ink for digital printing is the fastest-growing segment. It offers various advantages such as quick drying, environment-friendly, low price, and resistance to UV rays, which are very important for printing on different materials such as plastics, textiles, and others. UV-cured ink is increasingly adopting more market share owing to its extensive benefits.
“The market for inkjet print head is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
Inkjet print head is expected to grow at the highest rate during 2017 and 2023. Inkjet print head offers high print quality and cost efficiency. Inkjet print heads can print at an average speed of 13–15 pages per minute (PPM) and can print over a large variety of surfaces. The color quality of a color inkjet print head is far superior than a laser print head. Some of the major players in the digital printing market are Xerox (US), Hewlett-Packard (US), Ricoh (Japan), and Mimaki Engineering (Japan).
“Digital printing market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2017 and 2023”
APAC is one of the prospective markets for this technology. APAC has witnessed one of the fastest growths in industrialization over the past decade, which creates opportunities for digital printing in the geography. Along with the growing economies and industrial development, APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing market for digital printing by 2023.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with the key experts. The breakup of the profiles of primary participants is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1—55 %, Tier 2—20%, and Tier 3—25%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives—34%, Directors—33%, and Others—33%
• By Geography: North America—37%, Europe—34%, APAC—20%, and ROW—9%
Companies that provide a range of customized solutions to customers are expected to emerge as the game changers.
This report profiles some of the following key printer manufacturers in this market:
1. Hewlett-Packard (US)
2. Canon (Japan)
3. Ricoh (Japan)
4. Mimaki Engineering (Japan)
5. Roland DG (Japan)
6. Xerox (US)
7. Seiko Epson (Japan)
8. Durst Phototechnik (Italy)
9. Electronics For Imaging (US)
10. Inca Digital (UK)
Some of the following key ink manufacturers in this market:
1. DIC Corporation (Japan)
2. Flint Group (Luxembourg)
3. Toyo Ink SC Holdings (Japan)
4. Siegwerk Druckfarben (Germany)
5. Sakata Inx (Japan)
6. T&K Toka (Japan)
7. Hubergroup Deutschland (Germany)
8. SICPA Holding (Switzerland)
9. Altana (Germany)
10. Dainichiseika Color & Chemicals Mfg. Co. (Japan)
This report covers the digital printing market based on ink type, print head type, substrate type, and geography. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide insights into their business, products and services, and key strategies such as product launches, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, agreements, and collaborations associated with the digital printing market.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
The report would help the market leaders or new entrants in the following ways:
1. This report segments the overall market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the global digital printing market size and that of the subsegments across different applications and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities in the digital printing market.
3. This report would help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions in the digital printing market.